Whopper builders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Got asked to go do a patch in an artex ceiling about 1 square foot he says! I chuck yeah sure it is!

Get here the whole ceiling need hacking off and reboarding and skimming then artexed..

Fckin clueless these fckers!

Standard :)

Last edited:
Why don't you tape and joint it, then you could do it without an extra visitShift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page

Your showing your age old man,:RpS_biggrin:decorators side down,haven't heard that term for many a year:RpS_biggrin:

Your showing your age old man,:RpS_biggrin:decorators side down,haven't heard that term for many a year:RpS_biggrin:
whte side down lads , ceilingboards only , all square edged, Id never seen taperedged boards on ceilings till I came to Ireland, all the sites i worked on in uk them days it was either skimmed or artex ceilings and on the timberframed the ceilings were always artexed. First site I went on over here for a small builder who was building a small estate of houses in the next town , thought i was mad when i ask him for ceiling boards, and then nearly had a fit when i started to stagger joints saying i was wasting boards. lads use to come in and watch while i was throwing up boards on my own with a couple of 2x1 dead men , saying yer feckin mad yer be dead by the time yer 50 or cripple, dole money was 30 punt aweek and i was clearing 250+ a week , Im 58 , still throw em up on my todd and was with that builder the other week having a chat, hes build estates, hotels , shopping centers all over here, gone bust owes feckin millions , and still says to me after all these years how do you keep throwing boards up by yerself , and i say its the knack . nearly all the lads i worked and met in the uk in the seventies and eighties Irish and Brits worked by themselves, the prices were that **** you couldnt afford to be carring anyone , good many spreads mixed their own gear , no electric mixer then , Good old days B*******s:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.