who still lays a wall on this way

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i start from the middle to top bringing ceiling lines in while im on hop ups then bottom up to middle then when its all layed in 1 past bottom 2 top 2 level off ( 2 bands 1 pass ) :RpS_thumbup:

I start in the midlle of wall work up as high as i can reach then fill out across the top to meet it then a do bottom half up to centre of the wall.
When i second coat i start from the bottom and go all the way to top of wall or as high as i can reach then work down to meet it.

Is this a problem working with other lads , I would not have thought so but not been left handed I would not know. I was also told left handed spreads are more skillful , more then likely a left hander told me this. My next question is are you right footed when playing football.

In 1982 the goverment commissioned a report on the effects on long term health problems for plasterers. More to do with stance and wear and tear on the body. It was said plasterers who was right handed and predominantly left footed had a natural balance for plastering and would not suffer long term bone problems in old age. "wear and tear".

it works good if you are doing top and bottoms as you cross in the middle rather than keep getting in each others way.

To be be honest grand I think that report would be well out of date nowdays. Let's face it ,it's subjective and was based a lot on houses been rendererd and so your left hand always held the render on the board and useing your right leg etc. To be honest mate I can still plow it on and I suppose if I had a lad mixing I would get more on. We all have good and bad days, You just feel it a little bit more the older you get.
I also think if your a neat plasterer , what I mean is lay your second coat in as neat as you can your not fecking going back to it, to tidy it up and save time. Some Ive seen just plow it on really quick but it looks very untidy and will need more work on it when troweling up, which means more time on a wall.

I'm right-handed and left-footed henry, now where should I start with the wear & tear? My tendonitis in me wrists? My knees that take turns to turn into balloons? My ankles that do the same when the weather is shite?..............Or maybe the back operation I had 3 years ago?..........Naturally balanced huh???????:-0

But I could still bang 100M a day on if needed:RpS_thumbsup:

Good point beddy that will go in my book about left hand plasterers. Nisus if I bring a smile to your face then that's got to be better then a frown mate it's all good Karma for us all. I am 5' 11" .

Bubbles
I think your wrists problems stem from to much masterbating in your younger days it's very common in men your age. LOL Your knees could be to much floor laying
and having to carry plasterers hods full of render up stairs sure way to feck your knees up long term. If I had to put 100 m2 a day on it would not be long before I would be going to A&E LOL.

I'm 5'4" :RpS_biggrin:
right handed & right footed, but good with left foot too.
But I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous:rolleyes)

im predomiatly laft handed and right footed but i spread with my right hand sometimes if my left elbow is playing up, but then again my whole left right situation is messed up, i play snooker left handed football right footed, golf right handed, wen i used to snowboard for a little bit i was "goofy stance" faced left hand side i write with my left hand and plaster with both if i want to haha so henry what does that mean mate am i just a mess??

Status
Not open for further replies.