Who said it?

Members online

No members online now.
I spent 4 hours with a really good steamer once getting it off one wall... if i ever have to go throught the pain of that again ... its getting bonded if that comes off am not bothered then its getting skimmed ;)

I skimmed woodchip about a year ago in an old pub, told them the risk and they were ok about it, put it on email too, not heard anything so far

I think with woodship that if it is not coming off then skim it but as @Lodan says make it clear to the customer and lets be honest there cant be that many houses left with iti on the walls :D

I would always try and get it off :D

I have in the past skimmed right over wallpaper then just before it sets I scrape it off taking wallpaper with it. It sounds bonkers but it is a quick and cheap way to remove wallpaper and was a technique shown to me by a few other plasterers... seems cowboy but it works really well :D for the sake of £6 for the finish it can save hours of scraping with a steamer and what not :D

Have heard painting with pva is a good way to strip paper too. Apparently when it dries, comes right off. Mostly new work so don't have to strip paper often

It was me
images (9)-1.jpg

Have heard painting with pva is a good way to strip paper too. Apparently when it dries, comes right off. Mostly new work so don't have to strip paper often

I have tried that in the past :D

I normally just tell the customer to take it off :D

I have tried that in the past :D

I normally just tell the customer to take it off :D
That's how I play it if I do a domestic, tell them to get paper off and furniture out. Mostly do site /new work so don't have to worry.

That's how I play it if I do a domestic, tell them to get paper off and furniture out. Mostly do site /new work so don't have to worry.

Yup... then when you turn up and they have only removed a bit and they say it took ages and was hard work you can slap them with a big bill for doing it properly :)

Builder once got us to skim over old wall paper as it just wouldn' come of. I said it' on your back. He said ok. Good coat of pva .....still on wall a year or more later

Builder once got us to skim over old wall paper as it just wouldn' come of. I said it' on your back. He said ok. Good coat of pva .....still on wall a year or more later

I have skimmed over all sorts of shite because builders have said it will be fine... and to be fair most of the time they have been right... as we all know builders are experts at every part of the construction industry :D

Are you going to batten to wall then fix boards to it Jess? What mm?

I've got the same issue on a family members house I have todo, two up stairs rooms wallpaper is chipboard.
It's ceilings in this instance. Personally if it was walls I'd tell them to make an effort to get paper off if walls sound or give them decorators number to strip it

It's ceilings in this instance. Personally if it was walls I'd tell them to make an effort to get paper off if walls sound or give them decorators number to strip it

Ive already advised them todo so, they want me to over board still though. I'm in in between decisions of scraping it off myself or battening it out myself and boarding over...

Ive already advised them todo so, they want me to over board still though. I'm in in between decisions of scraping it off myself or battening it out myself and boarding over...
Get customers wife to suck you off while you ponder your plan??

Tell them they'll be making the room smaller for the sake of laziness. Or strip it for whatever you want by the hour

Tell them they'll be making the room smaller for the sake of laziness. Or strip it for whatever you want by the hour

I said about the room getting smaller they wasn't bothered lol. To be honest I'll be doing the drop for pretty much free I would assume as it's a close relative. Ill figure it out

I said about the room getting smaller they wasn't bothered lol. To be honest I'll be doing the drop for pretty much free I would assume as it's a close relative. Ill figure it out
That's the blow job out of the window then!!?? ................. or is it??? o_O

Just screw the door shut and tell them you done it but it’s so small they can’t get in