White stucco

Members online

Stuwie 67

Have a customer who wants to use white sand for Stucco. Any advise as I have never used white sand for. Stucco cheers guys

Often use it white sand and white cement with lime ,white cement is stronger than normal Portland cement so your mix ratio changes

Normally in a big mixer we put 50 shovels of white sand or what we call silver sand 2 bags of white cement that’s a 5 to 1 ratio and to that we add 3 shovels of lime that’s for a finish coat float and sponge finish coat , your scratch coat can be done in normal grey cement any bell casts or bands if lats are used to form theses should be scratched with white cement so when you remove the lats all edges showing are white personally I only use plasticiser in the scratch coat and waterproofer in the finish coat but each to there own ,

A 25 kg bag of cement is approximately 5 shovels ,always been that way same as when we used 50 kg bags approximately 10 shovels 3 to 4 shovels of cement in a big mixer is sufficient for a float finish it would change for the likes of dash ,same as when loading sand it’s supposed to be a level shovel not a shovel loaded with as much sand as possible 31 years I’m at this I know what I’m talking about ,

ez443mbe5yx41.jpg

Last edited: