White Soft wash Stockists in Essex/East London

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

Mainly do inside work as it's what i prefer but have done loads of Rendering jobs before in my time but cos you can never rely on weather mainly stick to interior, got a small rendering job come up and the customer wants the old rustic look(flat render that looks white) i know to use Snowcrete cement but the sands i've used before have dried somewhat yellow, does anyone know where the local Renderers/ Pargeters get there sand from here, i've heard also that some use white building sand, never liked using building sand for rendering though, i'm based in the Romford area.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Silver sand but as you say it is a bit fine for rendering and a bitch to work with, Webber may have a bagged product which will give you what you want.

I have used the white building sand on a job in the past and it still is solid as ever,it wasn't a clean white finish though I ended up having too paint it after all the extra hassle too get it a decent white.:RpS_sneaky: Wouldn't try it again after that crap.

PGR' on Roneo corners sand is quite grey (not their LB). Might be ok with white cement/lime. You'd need to experiment tho

PGR' on Roneo corners sand is quite grey (not their LB). Might be ok with white cement/lime. You'd need to experiment tho

Thanks irish_spread, funnily enough that's the sand i'm using for the scratch coat at mo, it is quite white for soft wash so will give it a go, cheers mate.

Not that I do much rendering but does it make much difference what types of sand you use? I've got a small 1 coat job (I know I know but its not on my head so I'm not bothered) to do tomorrow and I'll just grab a couple of bags of plastering sand from the merchants. Yet a mate of mine uses half plastering half building.

Building sand always liable to crack more, I know of some spreads who put a couple shovels of sharp in with Building/pit sand, I've always stuck with Soft wash, harder to use but goes a lot stronger. Leighton Buzzard goes solid on the wall but I've always found its a fecker to use.

Not that I do much rendering but does it make much difference what types of sand you use? I've got a small 1 coat job (I know I know but its not on my head so I'm not bothered) to do tomorrow and I'll just grab a couple of bags of plastering sand from the merchants. Yet a mate of mine uses half plastering half building.

The sand you use makes a lot of difference to ease of use and the finished job Steve but you won't go far wrong using what's classed as plastering sand from most of the big merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.