White Slapdash with rusty marks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2005

Hi Everyone

I dont no if I am in the right place to leave this message but here goes,

I have just bought a house which is about 2 years old and has white slapdash finish on the outside ,

I was looking at the wall the other day and there is rusty marks running down the the wall in all differant locations ,

And everywhere there is a rusty mark there is a brown stone in the slapdash that has busted open.

Can anyone tell me is this normal and is there anything I can do to stop this.

Many Thanks Chris.

is the rust marks running from near ya guttering coz it sounds like water marks 2 me ????? nt sure abt the other without seeing it sorry :mad:

Hi ric

No it is not near the gutter ,

The top of the browm stones mixed through the plaster are popping off you can see the brown stones on the wall .

It looks like some kind of iron stone that is rusting and busting open.

cheers chris

like i said realy with out seeing m8 hard t0 tell still sounds like water ingress tho mmmmmm will av to look in more see wat i can cum up with :-/

my mate was on outside render and found a lump in the wall so he flicked it out with is trowel and said fu*king catsh*t at the same time, we just had a new labourer start and he dived quickly to catch it .............. what are you doing that's catsh*t,.............oh i thought you said catch it ;D

Hi All

Here are a few pictures of the wall

the cat theory is possible but i would of thought it would have shown up quicker ? Im not sure i can shed anymore light on this, but its defernetly rust marks and its something to do with the aggregate that was used ,maybe iron ore in the stone from when it was quarryed ? if i was you contract the NHBC as im sure it would covered by the  10 year warranty. Been in the game for a long time never seen this from roughcast before .

if it hadnt been a 2 year old house i would have expected it to be old rusty nails left in the wall and rendered over? maybe they ran out of galvos?

Hi everyone

Its defo not screws or nails,
Its more like what church said Iron ore mixed in through the pebals that were used.

The browm stones and rust makes are popping up all over the place,

Do you think is it worth contacting NHBC from what I seen on that program builders from hell they dont seem to give a damm .

Cheers chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.