White skim.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

I need some white finish plaster for the job in Berkswell. I think we need about 15 bags?

Knauf MP has been mentioned but I don't need a full pallet. So I need to find a local stockist, one that will deliver less than a pallet, someone to share a pallet with etc.

Alternatively, another finishing plaster to go onto board that's white.

That's the one u will want.
Screenshot_20181104-104527_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20181104-104741_Photos.jpg

Thats it finished

I need some white finish plaster for the job in Berkswell. I think we need about 15 bags?

Knauf MP has been mentioned but I don't need a full pallet. So I need to find a local stockist, one that will deliver less than a pallet, someone to share a pallet with etc.

What's up with this?

Took 2 secs on Google to find it.

https://www.sovchem.co.uk/whitewall-onecoat-paster.html#

I can google any material obviously, but I need one which is available in the UK and that someone on here has used or can recommend if possible.

I don't want to get a load of gear delivered and dump it on @Nisus only for him to find it's a nightmare to use.

The stuff I put up is just like skim to use. But it can be sanded to. No problem to get it to u in the UK

Get GB 1 that will teach him :LOL:
I can google any material obviously, but I need one which is available in the UK and that someone on here has used or can recommend if possible.

I don't want to get a load of gear delivered and dump it on @Nisus only for him to find it's a nightmare to use.

Got idea m8 y don't paint ordinary skim white

That'll be the last resort if I can't get suitable finish plaster.
Cheaper in the end becouse that stuff not going to be cheap and you know the score whith pink thistle and if room white 2 minute job whith a proper spray gun

You can put DG27 grit on the boards then skim with the premixed white finish in a tub all from Mike wye.
All natural lime ideal for your job.

Cheaper in the end becouse that stuff not going to be cheap and you know the score whith pink thistle and if room white 2 minute job whith a proper spray gun

Can't spray it, well, you could but it certainly wouldn't be cheaper. It'd take a day or more to mask all the beams even if you could find something to stick to them without leaving marks/residue. Not to mention you'd need at least two types of paint.

Trust me, painting in there is an absolute last resort. If it wasn't we'd have done the lot in Gypsum and get a decorator in.

That's a onecoat plaster, similar to the stuff I'm using on the walls, no good on plasterboard it says, which is what we need it for (y)

@imago i'll Probably end up using the proofshield and trowel up instead of sponge lol :D didn't you say they do a finish coat?

Yeah, I can get some finish gear from proofshield and/or we can do a test board with the breathable stuff already on the other walls. Just wanted to see what else was available because the proofshield stuff will either hang for days or go off like a rocket on the board.

Yeah, I can get some finish gear from proofshield and/or we can do a test board with the breathable stuff already on the other walls. Just wanted to see what else was available because the proofshield stuff will either hang for days or go off like a rocket on the board.

If the finish coats anything like that other stuff yeah it'll hang for ages, like 7hrs again at least :reloco::frenetico::muyenojado::cry::maraca:

If the finish coats anything like that other stuff yeah it'll hang for ages, like 7hrs again at least :reloco::frenetico::muyenojado::cry::maraca:

We need to have a chat about the boarding and skimming, board lifter or another pair of hands/plasterer.

The new b&q skim plaster is white. Not launching until new year I think.

"Oh me back! Oh me knees! Fcuking hell me elbow's playing up."

"But Lee, all you've done is put the kettle on and have a sh1t?"

:risas2: True lol.
(Pmsl @ salad fingers)

But......I've never had to use a board lifter ;)

Airless spray plaster is white, can be applied and finished with a trowel so no sanding required 9-25quid per 25kg bag/tub