White render

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebones

Hi, can any of you guys tell me what is the best render to use that is white, been using k rend for yrs and there white and it's more like a stone colour than white.
I'm not to clued up on the other products that's available so any help is appreciated. :RpS_thumbsup:

parex blanc is the way, as said its a bugger through the machine, think its because of the marble content in it, and it sets quicker than monorex.

Is this what you would use for if someone wanted a white-ish flat render? I would think it might dry out a different shade at the bottom where it has more water? Pity about the machine problem.

If this was to be a re-furb, hacked off render back to old brick what prep coat and what thickness for the white render?

its parex gf render so its a fine aggregate anyhow, looks the business if applied right. it dries uniform, weve just done a job and contrasted against the metal windows looked great.

tight coat of parmurex and away you go on refurb. ill take some pictures next week and fire them on here.

its parex gf render so its a fine aggregate anyhow, looks the business if applied right. it dries uniform, weve just done a job and contrasted against the metal windows looked great.

Cheers lads just what I needed to hear, the job it for has to be white due to the customers having this new bungalow built with a black roof with black framed windows,doors,ect.
I will be hand applying this so is there much difference in setting time, will be on new block, also what parex base coat shall I use or can I stick to using k rend hb12?

Parmurex is render rigs no colour. Like owl days chuck lankolatex in and it's a sticky polymer base.

Good for 12mm thick float render straight out bag. Not as cheap as OCR tho unfortunately

its parinter that sticks to paint not parmurex, your geting the 2 mixed up, ones an adhesive ones a render

Cheers lads just what I needed to hear, the job it for has to be white due to the customers having this new bungalow built with a black roof with black framed windows,doors,ect.
I will be hand applying this so is there much difference in setting time, will be on new block, also what parex base coat shall I use or can I stick to using k rend hb12?

never cross use products hpx for k rend and the like. nothing should be needed on new 7.5 n block prior.

Alright Rich.What probs did you have spraying blanc? We done a bit on a fort a few years back and it was fine.(over monogris)

Alright Rich.What probs did you have spraying blanc? We done a bit on a fort a few years back and it was fine.(over monogris)

it was setting in our laggings a bit, for what ever reason, so we kept getting crusty bits out and on the gun we found it furred up a bit.

but some subbies did some for me couple of months ago, using a g4 and had no such problems, so it could be the tits in my gang not batching properly or something.

tight coat of parmurex and away you go on refurb. ill take some pictures next week and fire them on here.
Went to a job today where the plasterer has disappeared off the planet but the gear is there so I've got to price it.

They have 25 bags of Monorex blanc glittoral, white stop beads and some corner beads. The brickwork is shocking with a couple of doors out of block. I take it I will need parmarex? I've only used K-rend, would you use this like their rend aid and would you fit a mesh all over? Cheers

first question to ask is why has the renderer disappeared? and why has he left 300 quid worth of gear? anyhow once you've jumped that one...

id be tempted just to micro it all, if the substrates reasonably flat, if its jumping all over id use parmurex as a rend aid like you say. id mesh it all yes that's a given, you have to work cute using blanc as it accelerates quicker than standard monorex due to the marble content I it.

first question to ask is why has the renderer disappeared? and why has he left 300 quid worth of gear? anyhow once you've jumped that one...

id be tempted just to micro it all, if the substrates reasonably flat, if its jumping all over id use parmurex as a rend aid like you say. id mesh it all yes that's a given, you have to work cute using blanc as it accelerates quicker than standard monorex due to the marble content I it.
Nice one, even the builders yard hasn't seen him and the gear was £400ish and still at the yard, so get it on before eleven and scratch back the same day? The beads are at the yard but the note doesn't give the thickness what would you recommend? How far does the parmarex go? Cheers

white 15 mm beads, blanc will see you a fraction over a square metre, at 15mm [ after you've scraped 3mm] this time of year your touch and go, leave it a month or so and get same day. parmurex depends on the thickness you need to put it on at, to level it up.

white 15 mm beads, blanc will see you a fraction over a square metre, at 15mm [ after you've scraped 3mm] this time of year your touch and go, leave it a month or so and get same day. parmurex depends on the thickness you need to put it on at, to level it up.
would you add Lanco to the parmarex? What about micro before? Cheers

With a float and a sponge or just a float?

Float and sponge mate, it really was nice to finish. I'm going back to the job soon and will be taking some photos if the weather is nice.
We hand applied it which is quite hard going like all the Parex gear we've used but it rules nicer than you'd expect.

Last edited:
Float and sponge mate, it really was nice to finish. I'm going back to the job soon and will be taking some photos if the weather is nice.
We hand applied it which is quite hard going like all the Parex gear we've used but it rules nicer than you'd expect.

it does rub up a treat, but I like a bit of texture so tend to scrape it on jobs, that and its fine anyhow like there gf. weve just done a grand design sort of build in bl10 once ive mastered this photo bucket ill put some pictures up.

Status
Not open for further replies.