White finishes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljm

It was said on a previous post that white finishes can look bland, no movement etc. I did a white finish on a previous job and it looked ok.
Just getting our bedroom done at the moment and me and the missus have agreed on a neutral polished feature wall. She's quite keen on the idea of white. I have explained that this could negate the idea of the finish but she's still pretty keen.

My questions-
1. Has anyone done a cream coloured finish and how did it look?
2. I was thinking to add a bit of depth by adding mother of pearl powder and/or a tinted wax. Anybody been down this road before and have any opinions on what looks best and can MoP and tinted waxes be used together effectively?

Cheers in advance for any input.

Leo.

i have done loads of colours including white which in my opinion looks ok but bland last one i did was pale green and even that looks bland

Last edited by a moderator:
hey ljm, creame colour is goog to do, use 4 coat classico and tint wax with mother o pearl. it has good finish. don't use acrylic like in dvd above it's not good eonugh for lasting. If using white use carrara basecoats x2 and 3 coat classico and tint wax on the 2nd coats. simple to do.

Test boards not a good idea I'm afraid. Never give a woman too many choices if you can help it!!! Shown her a few you-tube vids but trying to limit it a bit (as per before!!). Like I say, I have done a few couple of white walls before was just trying to introduce a bit of substance to it so they don't look like big white shiney walls and that's it if you catch my drift. Will search for some cream walls.

Gianni- you say about tinting the wax with Mother of Pearl but what about mixing in with the white classico? Or is it best to tint the wax?

If you are tinting wax would it be ok to use beeswax or is it better to get a trowel applied wax?

hi ljm. donnt mix in the clasico second coat of wax, very simple. Use natural cera wax and do it on the 2nnd coats. cera wax is built in soap annd bees wax. not recommend to applying wax by trowel, not satisfactory to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.