While you're here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyjustin

Those 3 words equals 2-3 extra hours work it's painful to hear but to keep your customers happy u do it anyway, I just find it so funny how many people say it & look at it as if it would take u 5mins even when they ask while your finishing your second coat lol

Tell them to balls mate, minute you mention daywork the tw@ts think they own you.
Ask him how much unpaid overtime he's prepared to do each day.

i give them a quote for the out of sequence work and book it for an other date. they are only taking the piss by asking.

Those 3 words equals 2-3 extra hours work it's painful to hear but to keep your customers happy u do it anyway, I just find it so funny how many people say it & look at it as if it would take u 5mins even when they ask while your finishing your second coat lol

Had this one once. "Can you just skim the porch ceiling too? I'll make you a cup of tea!

"have you got a bit left" as you're closing the van doors is a favourite!

I had to do a bathroom ceiling for a plumber this morning, so phoned the customer last night to let him know what time ..... "only take you an hour" says he!

Then they tell their friends ,and before you know it ,every customer you have does the same

"have you got a bit left" as you're closing the van doors is a favourite!

I had to do a bathroom ceiling for a plumber this morning, so phoned the customer last night to let him know what time ..... "only take you an hour" says he!

Ha ha, love it

Roughcasting a chimney on a Chinese take away in kilbirnie and mixing up base coat this old Chinese woman comes and sticks her hand into the bucket while I'm mixing and scopes a handful out. I stop mixing and ask what the fk you doing! She pulls me in and shows me large holes in her old style 'close' hall. Ok I said I'll fill them. 'You my friend' she keeps repeating over and over. Fills the holes and hoisting stuff up the scaffold she comes running out ' you my friend you my friend' can you clear gutter? This job was subcontracted from a roofer so I was only getting paid for the chimney and getting a lot of work off him was wanting to keep his customer happy. I explained that we were already working late and didn't have the time. 'You my friend you my friend' she kept going on so we cleaned the gutter both sides and bagged all the **** as it was a mess. Anyway it was now 5:30 and we had another job to go to so thought I'll nip in get the old one to make me something. Goes into takeaway and asks for fried rice, chips and curry sauce. No problem she says 'you my friend you my friend' she went through put order in came back and stuck her hand out and in a less friendly voice says £4:50 please. I says I thought I was your friend and she says yes but it's still £4:50 lol since then I've done nothing else free for anyone and to top it of when I went back to hit I went over my ankle on the scaffold and was out for a few weeks.

Never do anything for free. **** em. I had a customer ask if I could fill a 5mm channel all ghe way around the windows where they'd had the frame replaces and left a gap. I just tell em they're better with filla.

Roughcasting a chimney on a Chinese take away in kilbirnie and mixing up base coat this old Chinese woman comes and sticks her hand into the bucket while I'm mixing and scopes a handful out. I stop mixing and ask what the fk you doing! She pulls me in and shows me large holes in her old style 'close' hall. Ok I said I'll fill them. 'You my friend' she keeps repeating over and over. Fills the holes and hoisting stuff up the scaffold she comes running out ' you my friend you my friend' can you clear gutter? This job was subcontracted from a roofer so I was only getting paid for the chimney and getting a lot of work off him was wanting to keep his customer happy. I explained that we were already working late and didn't have the time. 'You my friend you my friend' she kept going on so we cleaned the gutter both sides and bagged all the **** as it was a mess. Anyway it was now 5:30 and we had another job to go to so thought I'll nip in get the old one to make me something. Goes into takeaway and asks for fried rice, chips and curry sauce. No problem she says 'you my friend you my friend' she went through put order in came back and stuck her hand out and in a less friendly voice says £4:50 please. I says I thought I was your friend and she says yes but it's still £4:50 lol since then I've done nothing else free for anyone and to top it of when I went back to hit I went over my ankle on the scaffold and was out for a few weeks.

Sounds so familiar. Lol!

I had one friday. Troweling up 2nd trowel. Site manager came up and said ah i got a 5min job gor you before you go.

It was a ******* skylight. Get a tower. Bead scrim and skim that he says over the staitwell.

At 230 on a fri. Ummmmmm let me see

If they dare to ask me to do anything that's not on my written quote I say to them yes I will give you a seperate written quote for that as it's not on my original quote :)
Soon shuts them up!

I had one friday. Troweling up 2nd trowel. Site manager came up and said ah i got a 5min job gor you before you go.

It was a ******* skylight. Get a tower. Bead scrim and skim that he says over the staitwell.

At 230 on a fri. Ummmmmm let me see
Site agent once asked me( as I was packing my tools in van) Can you skim that garage ceiling on your way out? At 3pm!!! On your way out!!! I said yes and 10 mins later waved to him on my way out.

Had that loads of times lol! Or its "could you leave me a we bit of plaster mixed up ive got we patches to fill in" ... Obviously hopin I say " its ok ill do it" lol. Ive left mixed up multi finish for 2 of my mates houses that I was skimming. They phoned me up next day laughin like **** lol

Worst one was a woman asked if I could skim some small patches in her bedroom. Took me no time at all but what I said next will stay with me forever! And I genuinely didn't mean it to come out that way. I asked her if she had any other holes she wanted filling while I was there!!!!! Her face was a picture during the awkward silence and mine was red!

I've always found when the lady of the house utters those famous 3words "while your here" I reply "F'ing great I knew you was up for it you dirty bitch!!" Whilst taking my pants off!!!
It usually ends up with me being taken away by police but at least I don't do any extra work !!?? :RpS_laugh:

I've always found when the lady of the house utters those famous 3words "while your here" I reply "F'ing great I knew you was up for it you dirty bitch!!" Whilst taking my pants off!!!
It usually ends up with me being taken away by police but at least I don't do any extra work !!?? :RpS_laugh:

Either that or her husband walks in with a ball gag and some Vaseline saying she isn't but I am.. :RpS_laugh:

Either that or her husband walks in with a ball gag and some Vaselimne saying she isn't but I am.. :RpS_laugh:
If the bloke of the house is in I ring @cassie up as he loves going in dry :-0 :RpS_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a lady customer a couple of years ago came out with a cracker,she says to me while im skimming if you,ve got some left will you tidy up
the gate posts outside lol

also reminds me of a time when i was in listers parts dept getting some bits for an old golf.lady in the que in front of me picked up a new head gasket said thankyou and then folded the said gasket up and put it in her hand bag bless her.

also reminds me of a time when i was in listers parts dept getting some bits for an old golf.lady in the que in front of me picked up a new head gasket said thankyou and then folded the said gasket up and put it in her hand bag bless her.

mk1 or mk2 ?

it was my baby m8 mk1,zender bodykit used to drive round with prodigy on full blast! that was pre wife and kids lol

Status
Not open for further replies.