Which

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
itd be good to get things like this into the public eye so it was more widely known and accepted.

then just need to sort out site prices and happy days for everyone

makes you think wether we should implement something similar on here

Yes Paul I agree, the forum could be a great platform for this. Joe Public has no idea what costs are involved in our trade half the time to pay a reputable plasterer to undertake a reasonable plastering/rendering project. See what you can do

Well I thought the prices for re-skimming were pretty good but you won't find me rendering for those silly prices.
I always earn a lot better on rendering than skimming and rightly so IMO. £1900 for a two bed bungalow, no thank you.
Also what's all this 5-8mm business on the re-skims?

We asked Which? Local-recommended plasterers to complete a survey about the cost and completion time for 12 standard plastering jobs.
Armed with this information, you'll know what questions to ask, roughly what price you can expect to pay and how long jobs should take when hiring a plasterer.
[h=2]Plastering prices and completion times[/h]
JobDetailsTypical prrice quotedPrice rangeTypical time to complete job
Survey conducted in July 2012
Re-plaster room - smallRoom size approx 7’ x 7’1†(2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£255£206-£3051–1.5 days
Re-plaster room - mediumRoom size approx 10’10†x 9’10†(3.3m x 3m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£290£225-£3741–2 days
Re-plaster large roomRoom size approx 20’ x 16’6†(6.1m x 5.03m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£400£280-£4502–3 days
Plaster room - smallRoom size approx 7’ x 7’1†(2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Remove existing plaster. Dry line and skim, cosmetic finish.£530£395-£6962–3 days
Plaster room - mediumRoom size approx 10’10†x 9’ 10†(3.3m x 3m). Walls only. Remove existing plaster. Dry line and skim, cosmetic finish.£630£480-£7662–3 days
Plaster room - largeRoom size approx 20’ x 16’6†(6.1m x 5.03m). Walls only. Remove existing plaster. Dry line and skim, cosmetic finish.£985£705-£1,0633-4 days
Plaster ceiling - smallRoom size approx 7’ x 7’1†(2.13m x 2.16m). Overboard and plaster.£228£175-£2936–10 hours
Plaster ceiling - mediumRoom size approx 10’10†x 9’10†(3.3m x 3m). Overboard and plaster.£285£225-£3638–12 hours
Plaster ceiling - largeRoom size approx 20’ x 16’6†(6.1m x 5.03m). Overboard and plaster.£450£342-£6132–3 days
Render exterior walls of a standard two-bed bungalowFlat render, sponge finish. Assuming no scaffolding needed.£1,900£1,298-£2,4504–6 days
Render exterior walls of a standard three-bed semi-detached, two-storey houseFlat render, sponge finish.£3,800£2,900-£4,0005–8 days
Render exterior walls of a standard four-bed detached two-storey houseFlat render, sponge finish.£4,500£3,600-£6,0001–2 weeks
[h=2]Plastering jobs: trader tips[/h]In addition to the pricing and completion time information, our recommended plasterers also shared some helpful advice.
General

• A good plasterer will sheet up properly before each job to protect your furniture and flooring. We asked all of our plasterers to include sheeting up and cleaning up in their estimates.

• It’s easier for plasterers to work in unfurnished rooms. It’s likely that the job will take longer and cost more if rooms are not empty. We asked all of our plasterers to estimate costs based on rooms being empty.

Well I thought the prices for re-skimming were pretty good but you won't find me rendering for those silly prices.
I always earn a lot better on rendering than skimming and rightly so IMO. £1900 for a two bed bungalow, no thank you.
Also what's all this 5-8mm business on the re-skims?

i think the 5-8mm is for thistle bonding and skim. i have never had to reskim at this thickness. the prices for rendering are away to low

i think the 5-8mm is for thistle bonding and skim. i have never had to reskim at this thickness. the prices for rendering are away to low

But that's the thing isn't it Malc, it doesn't mention it's bond and set. If those prices are for bond and set then they are to low also IMO.

But that's the thing isn't it Malc, it doesn't mention it's bond and set. If those prices are for bond and set then they are to low also IMO.
no it doesnt mention bond and set cos it doesnt have to, Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster. cosmetic finnish = skim. over existing plaster = skimming

makes you think wether we should implement something similar on here
See what your saying Paul ,but when it comes to pricing a job , we all price to how busy we are ,if you have no work ,you will price to get it ,but i see where your coming from ,if only we could all stick together ,but that will never happen

no it doesnt mention bond and set cos it doesnt have to, Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster. cosmetic finnish = skim. over existing plaster = skimming
i can read what it says but when do you skim 5mm- 8mm? i skim about 2mm. if it needs 5mm-8mm i would bond and set .
it also dos not state if the quotes are labour only or supply and fit

"If only we could all stick together", fook that I don't care what others charge and I certainly won't be telling all the chancers what I charge. I also have no intention of dropping my prices down to those of the coursers and such like and I'm sure none of the other good spreads do either. Why should two spreads be expected to earn/price the same when one may be top quality and the other a complete twonk.
I also believe that putting price lists together the way Which have will only be a bad thing for the good spreads as customers will take the lists as gospel and expect to get their job done for the listed price and no more.

i can read what it says but when do you skim 5mm- 8mm? i skim about 2mm. if it needs 5mm-8mm i would bond and set .
it also dos not state if the quotes are labour only or supply and fit
so they must have got the millage wrong, id say that the price quoted

Room size approx 7’ x 7’1” (2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£255£206-£3051–1.5 days
is with mats included £255 for a box room is a good crack, im sure if you could be arsed mate you could put that on in a oner, 2 of them a week would do me!!:RpS_thumbsup:

The prices look ok they all look like they are based on £200 a day so not bad and if you are good your gonna be lookin at doubling that for the bigger jobs, if your upto speed and organised.

so they must have got the millage wrong, id say that the price quoted

Room size approx 7’ x 7’1â€￾ (2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.
£255
£206-£305
1–1.5 days
is with mats included £255 for a box room is a good crack, im sure if you could be arsed mate you could put that on in a oner, 2 of them a week would do me!!:RpS_thumbsup:

i like to work a 4 day week, i was more concerned about the rendering quotes, as our current rates are well above these which estimates.
i do have people already telling me how long it is going to take me to do a job. these people are generally the type who could not knock a nail in.

The prices look ok they all look like they are based on £200 a day so not bad and if you are good your gonna be lookin at doubling that for the bigger jobs, if your upto speed and organised.
Room size approx 7’ x 7’1” (2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£255£206-£3051–1.5 days

£200 a day?? bloodyhell where do you buy your multi from? jewsons?:RpS_lol::RpS_wink:

£200 a day?? bloodyhell where do you buy your multi from? jewsons?:RpS_lol::RpS_wink:

The gear for that job is gonna cost you about £25 so even more on that job :)

box room can easily be done in one hit so £255to 300 seems like excellent money to me i might print that little bit off and take it with me to show customers haha

think id make it last me till club time :RpS_lol: doesnt feel like ya robbing them as much if your there after dinner:RpS_biggrin:

rendering a 4 story house for 4500 and around a week :RpS_lol:

if you read it again Rich it actually says
Typical Four Bed Two Storey house £4,500 so that equates to what about 200m2 max if that , so gives £20m2 labour and £500 for mats and thats the typical estimate which i as you say believe is a little on the low side but the high end off the estimate is £6k which gives you approx £27.50m2 = £5.5k , plus £500 mats, to be honest i would make money at the typical estimate, but i think the higher one is the more realistic, and when asked about these rates it said not to allow for scaffold , it's probs no where near what you southerners are used to, but us northerners well

if you read it again Rich it actually says
Typical Four Bed Two Storey house £4,500 so that equates to what about 200m2 max if that , so gives £20m2 labour and £500 for mats and thats the typical estimate which i as you say believe is a little on the low side but the high end off the estimate is £6k which gives you approx £27.50m2 = £5.5k , plus £500 mats, to be honest i would make money at the typical estimate, but i think the higher one is the more realistic, and when asked about these rates it said not to allow for scaffold , it's probs no where near what you southerners are used to, but us northerners well

mmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.