Which machine is best for me?????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Dunne

Hi all. I've been plastering now for over fifteen years.

I am a electrician by trade and plumber and also tackle pretty much all aspects of the building trade.

I know there will be a few on here reading this thinking "bloody sparks think they can do everything " lol and fair enough as everyone is entitled to their own opinion,but I do tackle a hell of a lot of plastering and have been doing like I said before for over fifteen years and love doing it ☺️.

I am very interested in machine applied plastering but find it all a tad confusing.

I've watched numerous videos on YouTube with the likes of the EZE range and Mtec and so on but also seen videos of airless spray plastering.

Most of my plastering work is domestic re-skimming mainly and I really want to know which machine I should be looking at getting.

I do also tackle rendering but mainly pass that on to my mate who works with me a lot.

He bangs on about k-rend and knowing that theses machines can also apply such render products but the main purpose of the machine would be the internal side but who knows maybe we'll tackle more of the external.

So basically I would just love some advice on the machine and also the products as I'm used to the finish of multi finish and want to know what machine applied products achieve this same kind of finish.

Look forward to hearing from all you wise bunch!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.

As @Rigsby and @kgreigh have mentioned, a machine may not be the right thing for you for domestic work.

Internal Plastering only comes into its own and is a benefit on large scale work.

If you would like to discuss machines in more detail and see if it would benefit you or not, I will happily discuss over the phone.
My contact number is: 01242 236699

Ryan

I know and I do like to make sure the cables are in nice and tidily even if I'm not the one plastering because I know how much of pain in the arse it is to do like you say.
I'm probably one of the only ones that do though

Don't both with a machine mate, spraying gypsum is to messy for domestic internals.

Rendering work would be fine but you would be buying a machine for your mate.

they get it on quicker and easier but its the covering up takes longer
if you do a lot of hardwall and render go for it

I might be completely miss understanding this but you can see where I'm coming from when you watch this video in a domestic premises.
Can't understand how anyone can think that it's no good for domestic work??

I might be completely miss understanding this but you can see where I'm coming from when you watch this video in a domestic premises.
Can't understand how anyone can think that it's no good for domestic work??

But like I said. I might be getting the wrong end of the stick

ive not used that one but it looks like you have to fill out the day before then plaster it and leave it to dry and come back and sand it ?

I think from looking at the way it sprays out of the gun it's an airless machine.
You can also use the plasterboard jointing filler with it too!!
And as you can see in the video there is virtually no mess whatsoever.
To me it seems like a no brainer

I think from looking at the way it sprays out of the gun it's an airless machine.
You can also use the plasterboard jointing filler with it too!!
And as you can see in the video there is virtually no mess whatsoever.
To me it seems like a no brainer
well buy one then !

Hi all. I've been plastering now for over fifteen years.

I am a electrician by trade and plumber and also tackle pretty much all aspects of the building trade.

I know there will be a few on here reading this thinking "bloody sparks think they can do everything " lol and fair enough as everyone is entitled to their own opinion,but I do tackle a hell of a lot of plastering and have been doing like I said before for over fifteen years and love doing it ☺️.

I am very interested in machine applied plastering but find it all a tad confusing.

I've watched numerous videos on YouTube with the likes of the EZE range and Mtec and so on but also seen videos of airless spray plastering.

Most of my plastering work is domestic re-skimming mainly and I really want to know which machine I should be looking at getting.

I do also tackle rendering but mainly pass that on to my mate who works with me a lot.

He bangs on about k-rend and knowing that theses machines can also apply such render products but the main purpose of the machine would be the internal side but who knows maybe we'll tackle more of the external.

So basically I would just love some advice on the machine and also the products as I'm used to the finish of multi finish and want to know what machine applied products achieve this same kind of finish.

Look forward to hearing from all you wise bunch!!
Funny that I been plastering 15 years as well and thought one day this plastering is so easy I will watch how my electrician and plumber mates do there job and watched youtube videos of how to do...now I can tell all my customers don't bother phoning around for quotes I do everything...worst kind of people in the trade you are....tonight I thought I will go on the brick laying forum and by the end of tomorrow I will know how to lay bricks as well.

Funny that I been plastering 15 years as well and thought one day this plastering is so easy I will watch how my electrician and plumber mates do there job and watched youtube videos of how to do...now I can tell all my customers don't bother phoning around for quotes I do everything...worst kind of people in the trade you are....tonight I thought I will go on the brick laying forum and by the end of tomorrow I will know how to lay bricks as well.
Prick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.