Which EWI system is most cost effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco123

Hi

I am sorry for being vague, and i am not fishing for anything other than some render systems for eco work within the green deal, i appreciate it depends on quantity and other factors, i have got prices from mamorit and they seem a little to high for the funding i have available, i would just like some other options from some experienced EWI installers. Ideally 2 coat systems, any info is good info!!!

I doubt you will get any members giving away their sources on here. Don,t bother with the big boys try the smaller co's.

I have never known a forum to be so cagey, i dont understand why people are so unwilling to give away manufacturers of insulation products, i know the names of them all, parex, rockwool, knauf, webber, etc... i am just asking what systems people find are most suitable, i not asking for labour per sqm and i am certainly not pricing against anybody as my work is local authority work. My main industry is plumbing i would have no problem in telling people that i prefer plumbase as a merchant and i use mainly polyplumb as they are reasonable and i have never had a fitting go wrong.

what has plumber got to do with ewi? i always advise people to cut out the middleman.

Ring vthe product manufacturers that you've mentioned and get prices off them , simple, not quite sure what you want off guys on here unless you want to buy the systems of a forum member, which is doable , send me a pm of what you want and I will give you a quote

Everyone has their own preference on suplier. Whether its price or better quality of materials in their opinion. Myself i prefer jub, but i wouldnt say theres a bad one out. Its all down to cost and delivery these days.
What company are you and based?

Hi Eco

You posted at the wrong time of day for quick responses.... especially as the weather has been good today!

As the guys above have said, there are a lot of system suppliers out there (make sure you get a system and not insulation, fixings, beads, render, etc separately..... using a system and its parts will mean a better and hopefully warrantied finished job!

Everyone has their own preferences and choices, probably for a wide range of reason as well.... cost, quality, delivery, service, rep, etc....

There are also lots of different system suppliers trading in the UK, and guys on here will trade with several at the same time.... so they will not necessarily want to rate one above another!

Do some research and then search for references, approvals, etc....

Good Luck!!

you should always buy the best system you can afford.

I could give you the name of some dirt cheap systems - but they will will look turd after a week steer well clear.

the main thing is when you use them decide what product you like to work with then stick with that, some basecoats have different application methods so some are suited better to certain people than others but use a quality warranted system always - failures in this field is not what you want or the industry needs right now with all the poor work going on with all the new energy firms.

in some cases a good product can cost more than your labour costs and will account for more than %50 percent of your total price.... crazy but true.. thats where were at now i am afraid to say

I have never known a forum to be so cagey, i dont understand why people are so unwilling to give away manufacturers of insulation products, i know the names of them all, parex, rockwool, knauf, webber, etc... i am just asking what systems people find are most suitable, i not asking for labour per sqm and i am certainly not pricing against anybody as my work is local authority work. My main industry is plumbing i would have no problem in telling people that i prefer plumbase as a merchant and i use mainly polyplumb as they are reasonable and i have never had a fitting go wrong.

Knauf Marmorit is a very good system, very good. so is Parex, as is STO - ring em for prices

its a bit like me going on the plumbing forum and asking for a bio mass or heat exchange system fitting in my house, how much would it be ? ...but welcome to the forum anyway, hope you get something from it, where are you from by the way

Thanks for the feedback, like i said im not fishing for industry secrets, i currently use knauf for my paid projects however they are coming in too expensive for local authority work, i just thought being a rendering forum people might have been in the same boat and might have some good advice on a different system that is still good but slightly cheaper and will work within my parameters.

We don't know your parameters, tell us what your paying and what you want to pay and we may be able to tell you if its realistic

Mapei is a very good system, as is the Knauf Insulation Thermoshell system. We are system suppliers for both of these and can offer very competitive discounts. Please let me know if you need any Information

the councils that we work for will not use the same system on more then one contract, because it shows favouritism. that is how fiddles start.

What about the wetherby eps? Phenolics daft money

phenolics may well be over as far as render is concerned (at least in the near short term) in case of this, I would get up and running with the EPS systems for now just to stay on the safe side.

STO will no longer spec the use of phenolic with render finish over it - when one starts - most follow on.

the councils that we work for will not use the same system on more then one contract, because it shows favouritism. that is how fiddles start.

yes there does need to be a supply chain agreement with a few suppliers normally a group of systems in one county

Cheers PFTwales, its like pulling teeth but getting the information i need. Would like some info on pumping machines would it be best to contact you direct and if so who shall i ask to speak too.

Cheers PFTwales, its like pulling teeth but getting the information i need. Would like some info on pumping machines would it be best to contact you direct and if so who shall i ask to speak too.

Hi mini, may be an idea to make yourself known.
I.e name. Location what you are etc.

If your a company you may need to speak to danny the owner before prmoting as there are sponsers here

You can call us if you like. Ask for Ian.

we were working for a firm who got their gear from a company in capel hendre in ammanford, I think it was called a&s insulations or something like that. may be worth a visit to that neck of the woods if your near there. I noticed selco in Swansea were knocking out Krend for £9.25 a bag this week.
do you have any work around the Swansea neath port Talbot areas going?

Hi Eco 123 have you spoken to your marmorit sales manager to confirm costs for eco work? The price will depend on several factors - always worth checking eco rates with us.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.