wheres the money these days ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mch

been in and out of the game a bit and was wondering about retraining in new finishes , machine etc , i was wondering where the cash is ? abroad ? machine plastering ? marble ? or is the best earner still local doing small work ?

whos making the Real cash and where ?

yeah its a shame i am shite with pipes and electrics...did consider it funnily enough like everyone else and did work with a plumber once and it did my head in more than plastering.

.........robbing banks or post offices :RpS_thumbsup:

Look abroad - if your any good at rendering and using a straight edge and can do acrylics then get over to oz ... can also earn very good money settin lime putty, isn't a massive difference as long as you can lay on neat and flat ... but you'll need to labour for a few months first ...

Dont bother doing electrics. By the time youve given the government all there wanky fees fort this that and the other you might as well go and stack shelves in tesco!!!

Joking apart just get on the tools, seems to be loads about at the moment, ime turning work away every day just saw the London standard and jobs for brickies going at £140s not that I do site work anymore but I haven't seen them rates for a while, still think its crap though.

Joking apart just get on the tools, seems to be loads about at the moment, ime turning work away every day just saw the London standard and jobs for brickies going at £140s not that I do site work anymore but I haven't seen them rates for a while, still think its crap though.
£140 LESS tax wont make you fat in london especially if you live here, thousands travel into work here every week and travel back home or stop in hostels, brickies and chippies are always in demand in london, spreads less so.. the health and safety has killed off pricework whilst keeping the doer safer but poorer, plastering in high vis hard hat and goggles inside....

been in and out of the game a bit and was wondering about retraining in new finishes , machine etc , i was wondering where the cash is ? abroad ? machine plastering ? marble ? or is the best earner still local doing small work ?

whos making the Real cash and where ?

me. luton

Lots of handymen round my way, kid up the road from me does very well doing everything.

Always see him working locally, nice house 4 bed detached, and actually has a decent rep.

Saw a stack of mono on his drive the other day, about 25 bags of weber, the next ship ready to be sunk - rendering.

Status
Not open for further replies.