where is the m100 video?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you work it mate what happens when you have to start troweling doesthe lab keep bagging and spraying

it looked good but think id still prefer the ritmo as it does it all .would you say that its spraying too wet as tec man mentioned scaring?

the m100 will spray the skimming we have one that we bought... Its just the machine is very poorly put together.. For instance the hauling bracket is a 22mm socket ...The motor is a 18 watt drill .... The electric box as open circuts that will get dust in them.. The drill section is open to water getting in there ...The compressor is held on to the body of the machine with a elastic band...The gun is made of the cheapest plastic iv ever seen and broke when we picked it up.... when its running it makes that much noise you cant here anyone speaking ... all in all it could be a good machine if PFT re built it

can you do another vid of the ritmo spraying it a bit wetter or is that m100 just spraying too wet .also is that m100 backed ou by a big compressor as it coming out fast . ive used graco airless pumps in the past and it looked like it had similar ommph as one of those

all hes doing is spraying wetter and not of loading his air ... If you do it that way it tends to leave marks in the skimming which can take you much longer to get out... the ritmo will do it the same way no problem but putting it on more gently doesn't leave the pitting marks in the multi

South coast said:
At the moment it's just me and a labourer I don't do one coat I tried it and didn't like it so I always 2 coat it's just as quick as one coat by the time you have gone over the tapes and beads it's just as guick and you don't have to sponge it

if ur doing it in 2 coats, do u flatten the first coat with a trowel? or just spray the 2nd coat straight on top?

The only ones to gain out of spraying multi are the people making and selling machines, don't matter how many more m2 you can do in a day the rates will drop eventually once the contractors have been hit a couple of times .

sprayit said:
what a narrow minded fool
sprayit said:
what a narrow minded fool

WOW this is the first time I've ever heard something like that said about Church :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I believe church is correct, anything that makes the job easier/quicker is great for the first people on it for a certain period of time but once the majority of people are using it the prices will come down until the final amount earned will be the same.
Thirty years or so ago a lot of the trenches on site were dug by hand costing £X per metre, the people using JCB's were also getting £X per metre but doing more than ten times as much per day and coining it. But now that all trenches are dug by machine the prices are relatively much lower, and having spoken to a few lads that own their own machines(JCB's) by the time they have taken out the running costs they don't make anymore money than the average tradesman. In the long run the only winners are the people selling the machines and the developers.
All that said if you were to still earn the same but with less aches and strains then that can only be good

all a machine is andy is a tool so according to you ... you don't buy tools for work and drills .... Even though the prices have gone down you already own the machine ' yes you have running costs but the machine will always pay for it self the amount you can put on by machine far out ways hand application

ive never used a machine in my life but i definately admit that if i had enough of the right work on, i'd get one. but with work the way it is, not alot of people can afford to splash out on one and then risk not using it.

technicianman said:
the other thing is i thought this side of this forum was for the machine guys so as we can give good advise to others
[/quot
technicianman said:
the other thing is i thought this side of this forum was for the machine guys so as we can give good advise to others

Yes it is , but its open to all forum members to voice a an un- bias opinion , and Mr srayit and don't mind personal attacks and i will not respond to it , Ive simply voiced an opinion ,you get nothing for nothing in the plastering world and no ones going to give you wads of money just because there a new way of doing things , i knew i would take some flack for my post, just because i dont subscribe to a certain machine manufacturer fan club but who cares , but i will be intrested to see if i get flack be any other machine manufacturer reps ? LOL .

i understand your point of view h but i cannot see prices going any lower and you dont see many people spraying finish mate in fact ive never seen one dont mind sprayit he,s a shizer

Im sure its the future G in fact its about time the consent hard graft was taken out the trade , but no ones going to get Rich out of it the money is just not there anymore in this trade too many middle men , my only gripe is with people advertising for free on this forum (correct me if im wrong ) and making claims that a unproven .

for me machines make plastering more technical and interesting. In 2010 nobody skilled should have to damage themselves slowly hulking gear round all day long. It's not about meterage or prices, it's working smart and embracing new techniques which assist not replace skill imho. Why don't maccy ds deliver eh!!

Right, I spent 20 years without a machine. mixing 15 bags of hardwall a day , 3 bags a time then skim back in the afternoon at £5.00m2 . Maybe im not as fast as some on here but it killed me by the end of each week. Now, with a little ritmo of minijet you would get 20 bags on the wall in half the time because you take out most of the labour involved in getting it on the wall. This means you have more time and you dont kill yourself. On the outside renders, me and monkey will spray between 60-80m2 at least a day, this is all on by 11am latest. we then have time to bead up for next day and a nice long lunch before we scrape back. you work out the money . even if we went down as low as £10m2 were still earning a lot more than hand apply because they are only getting paid the same. we dont need a labourer and our machine dont have fag breaks or days off. At the end of the day you still have to be a good tradesman because once the material is on the wall then thats when the skill comes into it.

church said:
Im sure its the future G in fact its about time the consent hard graft was taken out the trade , but no ones going to get Rich out of it the money is just not there anymore in this trade too many middle men , my only gripe is with people advertising for free on this forum (correct me if im wrong ) and making claims that a unproven .

Are you trying to say people are advertising their machines on the forum for free or selling machines without sorting danny out? Well i must say this comes as a massive shock........................................................................I always thought danny knew lol

@ Church. Think about you're comment. It more or less suggests that if nobody buys machines the prices will not go down.
Its absolutely narrow minded and foolish to assume that nobody will go out and buy a machine through fear of prices going down.
Plastering machines are here to stay brother and will be here long after we have all retired.
In short you push a button and all the material you need for the day is blapped on the wall. The plasterer then uses his skill and not his braun or ego to perfect that material to a finished product and gets paid much sooner than anyone doing the same job by hand application.

Truth is most plasterers want one but their wives won't let them have one...pussies

sprayit said:
@ Church. Think about you're comment. It more or less suggests that if nobody buys machines the prices will not go down.
Its absolutely narrow minded and foolish to assume that nobody will go out and buy a machine through fear of prices going down.
Plastering machines are here to stay brother and will be here long after we have all retired.
In short you push a button and all the material you need for the day is blapped on the wall. The plasterer then uses his skill and not his braun or ego to perfect that material to a finished product and gets paid much sooner than anyone doing the same job by hand application.

Truth is most plasterers want one but their wives won't let them have one...pussies

I think what might happen is lets say you are doing a job for £20 a metre and you do a thousand metres in a day thats £20 000 for a days work i dont think a lot of contractors will like you to be earni ng that sort of money for one days work so the next job they will want to pay you a lesser rate which a lot of lads will accept £15 per metre coz £15 000 for a days work is still good money and so on it goes down. the same thing happened with metal stud it looks so simple and not very skilled once you get going the same thing with the machine its not a skilled job to apply, fair enough all the skill is in the trowel but how long do you think it will be before any tom dick or harry gets a machine and works for £10 000 a day? (All prices have been exagerated for this thread) :)

PS dont jump down my throat this is an open forum for anyone to voice their opinion not just for promoting machines. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.