where do I start......

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol plasterers must be the most critical trade...my experience so far is the ones that have got the mouth and go on about speed the whole time leave a shoddy finish...misses, unclean edges, tiger marks...

Better to take your time...do less in one hit and leave a quality job (on domestic)...and leave the place clean and tidy.

As for the vid I thought he did alright...I certainly wouldn't want to be doing more than just the ceiling if I was working off a stepladder...it slows you down to much...it it were me I would have decked out the room/used stilts

to much strain on the body also off steps

Well said FreeD, people always pick fault on the minutest of things, he didnt do too bad! I usually do a room like that in two days (so 4 hits like he did), not because I cant, but because if Im getting £400 for doing it, why do I wanna rush around, much rather take my time! And the step ladder thing, so true, don't know how anyone can use one!

What, so if you accidently put to much gear in your mix, you'd throw the lot away instead of adding water?

Any spread worth their salt would know how much water to put in to begin ande accidents like putting to much gear in shouldn't happen neither, powder to water not water to powder!

Just saying!

You're right matey, but you cant tell me you never make mistakes? we all know water dont mix into a dry mix well at all, but you're telling me you NEVER ACCIDENTLY pour to much into the mix and have to put a dash of water in? ;) if so, then you're ******* perfect Mr!

kinhell there's a whole loada vids of geezers sitting in there vans

Last edited by a moderator:
How many ******* clocks is there in that room???? That fella with the hat on looks like a right nob an all

Nowt wrong with that...........but I doubt it's anywhere near 20 metres as he claims. that last vid that twitcher put up I'm on about:RpS_thumbup:

Dirty bill after all these years of plastering can you enlighten us as to what happens if you put water on top of plaster you mixed

Lol plasterers must be the most critical trade...my experience so far is the ones that have got the mouth and go on about speed the whole time leave a shoddy finish...misses, unclean edges, tiger marks...

Better to take your time...do less in one hit and leave a quality job (on domestic)...and leave the place clean and tidy.

As for the vid I thought he did alright...I certainly wouldn't want to be doing more than just the ceiling if I was working off a stepladder...it slows you down to much...it it were me I would have decked out the room/used stilts

to much strain on the body also off steps
i dont mind how long guys spend at a job but i dont like it when slow spreads always point the finger at fast ones saying o do a bad job cause there fast i have seen lots of fast spreads over the years who were top men at there job as for doing one room a day thats amature hour when i served my time my boss would want two if not three rooms a day before he could call us plasters

Yeah, skim all the upstairs ceilings in't morning, downstairs in't afternoon, set beads with spare gear, send lab next door to board out in 'spare time' :RpS_scared:And float & skim like nutters following day..........I still like the old float & skim though, brings a tear to my eye:RpS_blink:

i dont mind how long guys spend at a job but i dont like it when slow spreads always point the finger at fast ones saying o do a bad job cause there fast i have seen lots of fast spreads over the years who were top men at there job as for doing one room a day thats amature hour when i served my time my boss would want two if not three rooms a day before he could call us plasters

You could do 2 or 3 rooms like that one a day?? best I could do is that room in a day, two sets, no way on earth could I do a room like that, with the angles n what not, in one set, and 3 times a day.. take me hat off to ya if you can! 30m2 a set is my top wack, I dont think Im fast, but Im definitly not slow, I pick and choose when I want to work hard though, all depends on the job and how much you HAVE to do for the price you got on it.

Dirty bill after all these years of plastering can you enlighten us as to what happens if you put water on top of plaster you mixed

Thats not the issue, what im getting at is why make things difficult for yourself when mixing by adding to much gear with a drill thats not really fit for purpose, im not saying it hasn't happened to me before, in my experience adding water to powder can produce lumps which are difficult to mix out and by the way dont try and patronise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.