where can I buy?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpetem

Can somone recomend a cheap place to buy this gear from? I have looked at goldtrowel but the prices seem expensive. Also I have looked at stucco italiano but they dont show prices, and they havnt emailed me back yet with prices...

his limes' top notch in my experience

what makes you say it aint all that? That's a pretty full on claim to make on a forum like this

His stuff is great for Lime and Horsehair, however, not good for Venetian Marble, reason, it's not fine enough and he puts to many binders in so it loses it's authenticity. Believe me it's for warm climates. Doing walls is fine, 12 months of direct water on it doesn't like it, our water is hard and also soft in the UK and it will penetrate it. It's not a claim Twitcher it's a fact.

so can you advise of the best place to get it from fcoff? Also would that mean his lime is also not good for external rendering with lime too?

Hi PETEM, his lime is fine for Lime rendering but not Venetian, not consistent enough for fine quality and has no Genuine authenticity on, point is think of our quarries in the Uk and that of Italy, that's the differnece. Many people call Venetian (Marmorino) that name is a trade name, the rest of the name is on the tub, if it doesn't state that,ie made in Japan lol don't use it. Take it from me, buy the decent stuff and you can't go wrong. Some say it's called polished plastering, it's not, mike wyes stuff doesn't have a zero rating, so when, like the other day my architect wanted to see the cert, I managed to get a copy to prove the product is genuine, you won't get that anywhere else, that's the difference.

Well lime in the Uk is of poor quality for decorative finishes, ie Venetian marble plastering. Its poor quarrying with constant battering of our English weather and it's temprature to not help the process, hence poor quality, In Italy, the weather like in Morocco is far warmer on average and their process plants are far superior to ours, what we have I suppose taken for granted for too long. That's the difference. If you ever get chance go to Italy and that's where you will learn the field of High Authentic Lime Putty. Many Venetian suppliers O...s in particular have too much acrylic in so therefore is no good for durability. I have been using Andy for some years now, he gives me a good deal and advice on new products.

Lime plastering from Mike W is great although in Dorset they do good stuff too. Hope this helps.

cheers for that.

Does anyone oversee or certificate the quality of venetian?

Where does andy get his lime?

thecertifiacte comes with the product, which is also classed 0 rating Fire. His lime comes direct from Italy it tells you on the label, so really you can't argue the case,it is what it is. I also know he has many contacts in Italy and It is my understanding he will be hitting the UK hard with it shortly, you really want to talk to him

He's at Goldtrowel and has a new site up selling to many clients me for one. His clientel are Arabs and many people from the UK, Goto you tube his doing the blue wall. I do know he has a contract with Italy and he is doing floors shortly. Good to know plus he gives you the support if you need it.

hmmm I dunno I rate goldtrowel.

Someone I know went on a course of theirs. He does his ceilings in a typewriter stylee - WTF!

fcoff said:
thecertifiacte comes with the product, which is also classed 0 rating Fire. His lime comes direct from Italy it tells you on the label, so really you can't argue the case,it is what it is. I also know he has many contacts in Italy and It is my understanding he will be hitting the UK hard with it shortly, you really want to talk to him

right, just read the gold trowel page on this and yes there is a rating. It's a fire rating! The only other thing I can glean from this page is they're offering 2 sorts of venetian, fine and coarse.

So you're gonna have to explain things a bit more to convince me mate

This will be my last visit for a while, because they have been answered many times. Ther's not 2 types, there's many many finishes, from Classic, carrara, classic carrara,carrara classic, Inton pitted,dragged,metallic,velvet to many to list. What you need to understand is this, what goes where and what does what. Thx

i went to gold trowel. Its pretty good actually. Been wanting to go on the venetian course for a while now.
I must say though id be suprised if many of the people there on my course would have continued on in this trade..

Status
Not open for further replies.