When Builders render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the type of people who will always get burnt with that attitude. It's always the same with the well off middle class type want everything for nothing as regards to building works but don't think twice about blowing cash on material goods that make them look rich

@Rigsby .......... Expect the call

:aburrido:

They will be lucky I dont answer the phone anymore.

There is some toffee nosed bitch ringing on a private number. Me thinking it was the job centre returning my call I answered it.

'We have had an offer accepted on a house we are thinking of buying' thinking?

'The surveyor has raised concerns about the rendering, we need you to give us a written report on the condition of the rendering and a quote. When can you have a look at it for us?'

Can't look at it now bookedup till September and I am not quoting for any work until July.

She hung up! BITCH!

Expect the call mac-plas.

At the start of the year,jan/feb I priced 10 jobs for domestic customers ,total-80 grand.i got one of them.most of them where external render.sand & cement,ewi and mono jobs.
From then on I have priced about the same amount of jobs for builders/developers and got 8 of 10 and am booked up for months ahead.
Don't take it to heart and move on to the next job.
I hate pricing for the general public if I'm honest.im vat registered for that kills it tbh

There is some toffee nosed bitch ringing on a private number. Me thinking it was the job centre returning my call I answered it.

'The surveyor has raised concerns about the rendering, we need you to give us a written report on the condition of the rendering and a quote. When can you have a look at it for us?'

Can't look at it now bookedup till September and I am not quoting for any work until July.

She hung up! BITCH!

Great post john!!

They are the type of people who will always get burnt with that attitude. It's always the same with the well off middle class type want everything for nothing as regards to building works but don't think twice about blowing cash on material goods that make them look rich
Got one at the moment. Full house refurb, always going got no money. Then spends £72 on 5ltrs of Farrow and Ball paint?!?! Plumbing and electrics still not 2nd fixed yet. Can't use a cheaper colour match paint 'because it's just not the same and it does my head in'. Honestly, sometimes I really wonder. Fortunately I'm just doing the plastering, my mates the builder though, he's tearing his hair out!

She hung up! BITCH!

I'm getting loads of these calls, we are booked up until October. So I just tell them I can come and do a survey of the render for you, produce a written report for £200. If you go ahead with the quotation we take the £200 off the quote.

I'm getting loads of these calls, we are booked up until October. So I just tell them I can come and do a survey of the render for you, produce a written report for £200. If you go ahead with the quotation we take the £200 off the quote.

Tried that a few times but £30. Had 1 taker, the rest just cut the conversation short and hang up. It is how their attitude changes when they are expected to pay for paper work.

Telling them you are booked up until October in may wouldn't work. You get the 3 erm's then ' that will be ok, if the price is right we will wait until November' no they wont!

No, can't be arsed with the arguing, just don't answer the phone. My answer phone message say's booked up till September and not quoting until July. Usually works.

Just thought I'd update this, without going into too much detail.

Just had a reply to my quote (I won't go into £££) but they thought my quote was a "fair" bit over they're budget and were expecting to pay around £2k

£400,000 house 2 x 15 plate cars on the drive and after already having had they're fingers burnt they want to scrimp on the render.

Strip
Prep
Bead
Scaffold
Skip
Render
Labour
Mesh
Possibility of carrier boards under window

£2k, good luck
Wankers

Painters started this free quote s**t in the 70's and we're still paying for it makes me sick

I know...I don't know whats going on recently but it seems that before you buy house the homebuyers report makes recommendations. This can include getting quotes for re rendering if it's in poor condition.

Theres no way I wasting a day of my time visiting someones house and writing up a detailed written quote when they haven't even got the keys! Been there and got burnt a few times, before I started charging. If we all do it then we will all be better off.

You can just tell when this type phone you up by the tone of there voice...I always wonder who the f**k would do the job for these c**ts. They are the type that are looking to take advantage of someone get something for nothing.

They are cheeky tight bastards who do not care two hoots about dragging us out all hours to give them a valuable piece of paper so they can negotiate the price. I will have between 1 and 3 of these a year and used to quote but stopped 3 years ago. They will not pay at all.

Some if they sound nice people and after I have said politely fcuk off I suggest if they are struggling then offer to pay for the quote and consultation and ask for it to be knocked off the job if they employ the person. They get what they want and the contractor gets rwarded for his time. Win-win all round.

Whether they take my advice I dont know but that bitch the other sounded like a taker.

Just thought I'd update this, without going into too much detail.

Just had a reply to my quote (I won't go into £££) but they thought my quote was a "fair" bit over they're budget and were expecting to pay around £2k

£400,000 house 2 x 15 plate cars on the drive and after already having had they're fingers burnt they want to scrimp on the render.

Strip
Prep
Bead
Scaffold
Skip
Render
Labour
Mesh
Possibility of carrier boards under window

£2k, good luck
I think he meant one of the cars+ 2k cash. It seams a good deal to me

They are cheeky tight bastards who do not care two hoots about dragging us out all hours to give them a valuable piece of paper so they can negotiate the price. I will have between 1 and 3 of these a year and used to quote but stopped 3 years ago. They will not pay at all.

Some if they sound nice people and after I have said politely fcuk off I suggest if they are struggling then offer to pay for the quote and consultation and ask for it to be knocked off the job if they employ the person. They get what they want and the contractor gets rwarded for his time. Win-win all round.

Whether they take my advice I dont know but that bitch the other sounded like a taker.

You have got to be careful, nothing worse working for a shitty customer who's tight. Felt sorry for my plumber he has got a 3 week bathroom job coming p which he had to delay by a week and the customer wanted compensation...£300! He is soft and said he would knock it off the bill. Couldn't believe it, I told I would of told them I've done my back in and they will have to find someone else if they had said that to me cheeky bastards, he's on bad terms with them and now has to spend 3 weeks doing the job.

We have one at the moment a domestic job , mega house over a 1000sq. Anyhow they want us to render a small haha wall at the bottom of the garden I said its 700 plus vat the look on the fellas face, looked at me as though he just caught me on the top of his mother, that's a bit steep, he quips we'll have a think. The guys in his late 40,s fitting the house out bang and oufslen sound system etc Ferrari California in his garage must be 150,000 grand plus,yet the knobs questioning a few hundred quid more.

Got one at the moment. Full house refurb, always going got no money. Then spends £72 on 5ltrs of Farrow and Ball paint?!?! Plumbing and electrics still not 2nd fixed yet. Can't use a cheaper colour match paint 'because it's just not the same and it does my head in'. Honestly, sometimes I really wonder. Fortunately I'm just doing the plastering, my mates the builder though, he's tearing his hair out!

Finished one recently he kept pleading poverty right through the job, when the time came to pay the bill said we don't know what we're going to do we only have 37k left for the kitchen units!.. oh well if your that potless ill rustle you up some discount. Tw@t.

Only experience !! will tell you
The customers to not waste your time quotin
I Mostly work for decent people ! nice for the appreciation
I have also worked for some right arsoles When my business was in its infancy lol

Only experience !! will tell you
The customers to not waste your time quotin
I Mostly work for decent people ! nice for the appreciation
I have also worked for some right arsoles When my business was in its infancy lol
Yeah got caught when I was younger. One bloke who used to ask me a price, then pay me on day rate?!?! I accepted that a few times too?! What a t**t I was, youth can be my only excuse! Mind you he was an arsehole too, either day rate or price, not change halfway through when it suits.
Get hardened to it over the years though don't you. Others builders who I used to price for loads, but never get the work, they would put in my price and do it themselves. Nice!
Try to give the benefit of the doubt, but can usually spot I piss taker these days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.