What's your favourite hop-up, and why? (looking to buy a new one)

To those of you suggesting crates, thanks, I had one before I bought the plastic hop-up I lost. Crates are all good, but have the same problem that they're sometimes not high enough (y) (unless there's some 500mm high crates that I don't know about?)

Thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions - I'm willing to give the Wickes/Werner one a go, but I'll make an effort to look into the Rhino one, before I splash the cash.

At first glance, I'm thinking it's useful to be able to raise the height, but it may make it easier for it to topple(?), and I see it doesn't have a convenient handle in the middle, for one-handed moving.

Cheers

Last edited:
To those of you suggesting crates, thanks, I had one before I bought the plastic hop-up I lost. Crates are all good, but have the same problem that they're sometimes not high enough (y) (unless there's some 500mm high crates that I don't know about?)

Thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions - I'm willing to give the Wickes/Werner one a go, but I'll make an effort to look into the Rhino one, before I splash the cash.

At first glance, I'm thinking it's useful to be able to raise the height, but it may make it easier for it to topple(?), and I see it doesn't have a convenient handle in the middle, for one-handed moving.

Cheers

15% off everything at Wickes online and in store tomorrow, just download the app and register in the trade app.

15% off everything at Wickes online and in store tomorrow, just download the app and register in the trade app.

Really appreciate you taking the time to give me a headsup on this, but, I've been mulling this over today, and I've come to the conclusion that although I prefer the design of the Werner/Wickes platform, I am going to have to buy the Rhino, because I sometimes work in Edwardian houses with high walls, and the extra height of the Rhino will definitely come in handy.

Someone else may benefit from the 15% you mentioned, though! :birra:

Really appreciate you taking the time to give me a headsup on this, but, I've been mulling this over today, and I've come to the conclusion that although I prefer the design of the Werner/Wickes platform, I am going to have to buy the Rhino, because I sometimes work in Edwardian houses with high walls, and the extra height of the Rhino will definitely come in handy.

Someone else may benefit from the 15% you mentioned, though! :birra:
Good choice mate! ;)

Where you get em from. Like gold dust round here

Homebase.

Had to go and get 'em, as they won't deliver.

If you have the patience to dig around on their website, with 'Check stock in your local store', quite a few branches still have them in stock. Sheffield, Harrogate, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, etc. have them at the moment.

Always used a Newcastle brown ale crate, just kicked it around, till one day I stood right on the edge and it twisted and flipped me off.
Dislocated kneecap, detached tendons and 6 months off work. Thrown that now! Stanley hop up does me now

Fckng Ouch!, concussion if she's lucky. I knew surgeons judged fall heights from the head but that really sets it out. Never really understood it but can see how you wouldn't be able to stop that even if you put your arms out.
Definitely happened to me years ago doing I bit of rendering off a ladder because I thought I’d get away not using a tower! Luckily only hurt my pride :ROFLMAO:

Depends what I’m doing but a soak away crate can’t be beaten. Use them all the time inside and out plus they are free

Other than my Saturday night platform shoes....

I have to say I brought a ezy-hop a couple of months ago and honestly the best but of kit I've brought worth every penny... Good size platform, light, easily portable and super strong give it a go you'll love it... Oh and it has two heights 300mm and 500mm