What's your favourite hop-up, and why? (looking to buy a new one)

MakeItSmooth

Looking to buy a new hop-up.

I know it's no big deal, but I may as well ask: can anyone suggest a decent one that they like, for sensible money?

Cheers

Looking to buy a new hop-up.

I know it's no big deal, but I may as well ask: can anyone suggest a decent one that they like, for sensible money?

Cheers
Really good the best got 2 but £50 each
Got mine black Friday for £36 each
Screenshot_20200314_211747_com.android.chrome.jpg

Got that Werner one from wickes. Great. Got a milk crate I took from outside mccolls a few years back, and a 3 metre one I rarely use.

Got a huge collection of hop ups from over the years, personal favourite is the soakaway. Got 2 scaffold boards on floor in van, quick screw into two crates. Not a fan of those aluminium fold out ones

I should've mentioned that I'm coming from one of these:

hop-up.jpg

I recently left it behind on a job and it disappeared. Maybe not such a bad thing because I liked it (I like that it was kickable along the floor) but I often wished it was 4-6 inches taller.

@Tom81 that looks like a nice platform to work from, and I see the middle handle, but does it irritate you trying to move it when you have both hands full, or is it honestly light enough to kick along the floor?

Cheers everyone for the suggestions, so far

View attachment 45780

I recently left it behind on a job and it disappeared. Maybe not such a bad thing because I liked it (I like that it was kickable along the floor) but I often wished it was 4-6 inches taller.

@Tom81 that looks like a nice platform to work from, and I see the middle handle, but does it irritate you trying to move it when you have both hands full, or is it honestly light enough to kick along the floor?

Hi step from one to the other and then make the labourer continuously move the one I have stepped off back in front of me

View attachment 45780

Cable tie kingspan to make taller

Hi step from one to the other and then make the labourer continuously move the one I have stepped off back in front of me

Thats the one in wickes

Certainly looks very similar, but I was specifically referring to the connectable option illustrated in the video... which theres's no mention of in the Wickes description of the UK product.

Last edited: