whats citb deductions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix

just started on for a new company last week and this week got my invoice and i noticed 1.5% has been deducted for citb........ whats this???

and also for some reason the company that i left are refusing to pay me my retention which is somewhere in the region of 600-700 somet like that they have stated there is a few bag angles in the last house i done (bullshat) i was on for the firm for nearly 2 years without a problem now that i have left theres shoddy work is there anything i can do other that go force feed them their balls!?!?!?!?! :RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_angry::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing:

The company is just passing on their CITB levy to the subcontractors to pay, instead of footing the bill themselves. Because their annual wages bill is over a certain amount, they are liable to pay CITB levy which funds apprenticeships etc. Its just cuntish.
As for the retention, phone them and ask them if they prefer ketchup or HP sauce spread over their balls before you force feed them to them.

Last edited:
just started on for a new company last week and this week got my invoice and i noticed 1.5% has been deducted for citb........ whats this???

and also for some reason the company that i left are refusing to pay me my retention which is somewhere in the region of 600-700 somet like that they have stated there is a few bag angles in the last house i done (bullshat) i was on for the firm for nearly 2 years without a problem now that i have left theres shoddy work is there anything i can do other that go force feed them their balls!?!?!?!?! :RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_angry::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing:

Deducting money for 'shoddy work' depends on the nature of the contract between you and the employer. . A rough guide for permanent employees is shown below argue for these standards if you have a differing contract.
[h=2]Is an employer entitled to make deductions from an employee’s pay[/h]By law, an employer is only entitled to make certain deductions from an employee’s pay. If the employer does not pay the employee at all, this counts as a 100% deduction. There are rules about what counts as pay for the purposes of when the employer can make deductions, see below.
In most cases, an employer can only lawfully make a deduction from an employee’s pay if the deduction is:-
  • required to be made by law. For example, employers are required to deduct tax and national insurance from their employee’s pay by law; or
  • allowed for by the employee’s contract. This means that there must be a specific clause in the contract which allows for that particular deduction to be made. The deduction can then only be made lawfully if the employee is given a written copy of that term in the contract before any deduction is made under it. This would cover deductions such as union dues or payments to a pension scheme; or
  • the deduction has been agreed to in writing by the employee before it is deducted.
There are particular deductions which an employer can make which do not have to fit into the categories listed above. These deductions are:
  • a deduction because the worker has been genuinely overpaid
  • a deduction made because the employee took part in industrial action
  • a deduction made by an employer under a court order or an order from an employment tribunal, such as an attachment of earnings order (in Scotland, an earnings arrestment).

i went to the last house i done on OMG was i rough.............nah not at all ok i hold me hands i left 2 mouse holes, yes 2 mouse holes and they on about deducting all my cash...... luckily enough the foreman of previous company was out walked me round the house and i offered to patch the house up seeing it was only 2 mouse holes and he said no dont worry the pacher is coming in now 2 minutes later the patcher was done so fingers crossed they gonna give me my dough and i can relax............... i personally think retention is ballox and should be out lawed same as citb!!!

citb levy is bollox, as is retention. Also i've not had my retention back off anyone who has stopped it off of me. Not contractors or Builders. Total Tossas!!!!!

Just another way of squeezing your nuts for more dough. It is good to look into the legal side of things especially if the company isn't someone you do a lot of work for. Shouldn't make a difference if they a regular supplier of your work but in my experience some of these firms are quite happy to just bypass you and deal with blokes who'll take all their bullsh*t.

At the end of the day it's a judgement call i guess.

well my wife is a lawyer and the firm i worked for made me sign a contract before paying me so we got them by their bollox...... the site agent has stated on record that the work was my usual high standard the foreman has also stated nothing wrong with it so if they dont pay me next week then im gonna take the fookers to small claims court just on principal!! retention is bollox and i havent agreed with it in all the time i was working for them and now if they dont pay me what they owe me then i ent working for them again

but the wife has given me some great advice so i thought i would pass it on:
if you sign a contract for work cross the retention out put your initials alongside it get the foreman to put his initials also along side it then they cant stop it!!!

oh and the reason for us being stopped retention was the tax man or somet like that wanted to see us showing a risk (that was the bullsh1t excuse we was given) is that true??

I heard it was true Phoenix but if that's a genuine case, how come there are still so many firms that don't charge retention or levy??

This can be a problem with being a subbie, whilst some firms treat you with the respect you deserve, others are completley diabloical!!

Word get's around though and many of these firms suffer a high turn over of blokes as a result. Good job too!! :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.