What's been your worst job

LarryTheDecorator

Completely different - just interested in your worst job - the mix, the wall/ceiling and how did you recover from the issue? Whilst I'm learning from doing the right things, can also learn from mistakes (y)

16 and left on site on my own.

Back of house was off for an extension to go in. 1st floor acropropped up. Instructions to shift a massive lintel to make way for something else.

Lintel snapped and twatted floor.

Floor gave way.

Acroprops gave way.

House fell down with me in it.

DSCN16451-1024x768_crop.jpg

Back of house was off for an extension to go in. 1st floor acropropped up. Instructions to shift a massive lintel to make way for something else.

Floor gave way.

Acroprops gave way.

[/QUOTE
Completely different - just interested in your worst job - the mix, the wall/ceiling and how did you recover from the issue? Whilst I'm learning from doing the right things, can also learn from mistakes (y)
Worked on an exterior render job when I was 21 with a gang of experienced plasterers. Had the whole four storey drop on by 1130 and ruled off. 12.30 sopping wet, 1.30 sopping wet 230.... you get the picture!! They decided to rub it up the following day and I thought.. It'll look shite, turned out they were right and it came up a treat.

Wow, I'm not even going to ask what the client thought!

Floor gave way.

Acroprops gave way.

the worst one Ik now was in skemersdale a shopping mall rendering on to expamet with visqueen for the back ground kids would sneak in and bang it big slide on and end up at floor level contractors had to employ security at the finish up to guard 24/7

One of first jobs I went on . With another kid who not been doing it long. We skimmed a stair case for a mate of his. Bubbled that much the bubbles were popping. We both looked at each other with a what the f**k do we do now expression on our faces

That reminded me of a time when I was first starting getting back home, the father in law decided he'd do an old 'trick' of washing up liquid in my mix to re***d the plaster (I didn't know)

The wall ended up looking like a aero chocolate

One of first jobs I went on . With another kid who not been doing it long. We skimmed a stair case for a mate of his. Bubbled that much the bubbles were popping. We both looked at each other with a what the f**k do we do now expression on our faces

Stand with your back to the worst of it and your hand out for the money, then run off?

Another one...mate invited me in on a job....saturday morning, couple of hours, hundred quid, he said. Heard that before but I was green then.

He'd set out a massive driveway....like about forty cubes of it and because the driveway went from the road downhill, he figured we could barrow it.

But he'd only allowed about 20 minutes per truck and instead of cancelling, he let them tip it at the top, hoping we could rake it down the hill.

Could we f**k....big massive pile of it at the top of the hill and it went off. f**k knows how he sorted that out. I just ran for it.

Floor gave way.

Acroprops gave way.

103527.gif

Did this one job, f**k**g horrible memory.

Rocked up, freshly made bread I could smell. And bacon. Her comes trotting out with bacon sarnies and fresh tea..

2 hours later shes back, this time with a home made chicken curry to die for, never tasted anything like it in my life. Best ever.

Comes to end of the day and she pays me in cash, and tips me £50.

All that f**k**g around eating, guess what time I got home? fun fact, wasn't before 1.

13:45. 13, f**k**g 45!

Sends shivers down me spine just thinking about that one

Worst job ever was doing a job for a stone cold 24 carat milf on a friday. My labourer rocks up on Monday morning chipper as f**k and tells me he met the customer randomly in a pub and gets of with her and the killer punch was and I quote "Paul, I didn't f**k her she f**k*d me".

Last edited:
Worst job ever was doing a job for a stone cold 24 carat milf on a friday. My labourer rocks up on Monday morning chipper as f**k and tells me he met the customer randomly in a pub and gets of with her and the killer puch was and I quote "Paul, I didn't f**k her she f**k*d me".
well fck me lol