What would you suggest here

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

grump

Iv sent the pics to beddy as I don't know how to do it. Went to look at this job today, bloke wants mono over all existing render. Render is sound. Only problem is the unsightly cross section of the bell bead, obviously it will need another bead on top if we mono it so it will look turd. Do u guys have any suggestions to make it look tidy?

image_zps14af664d.jpg

There was something wrong with camera lens so as i was fixing it i just took some random pics to test it

Iv sent the pics to beddy as I don't know how to do it. Went to look at this job today, bloke wants mono over all existing render. Render is sound. Only problem is the unsightly cross section of the bell bead, obviously it will need another bead on top if we mono it so it will look turd. Do u guys have any suggestions to make it look tidy?
Bit tight on that down pipe mate to bead over ,can you free hand it without a new bead and just cut it off at the original when dry, you can loose that massive curve with the rendaid and mono , imo ???

I did suggest knocking the bell off and running an angle along the bottom to cap it off, I wasn't sure though if water would return to the brick when raining? Suppose it would be minimal

I did suggest knocking the bell off and running an angle along the bottom to cap it off, I wasn't sure though if water would return to the brick when raining? Suppose it would be minimal
The less you disturb the original render ,the better , if you have been told to go over it ,if you know what i mean :RpS_unsure:

Arty beleive it or not i am the life and soul of the party

do you moonlight as one of those mexican doritos dudes who bring the party to the party................:RpS_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Angle the render up to the brickwork from the angle bead to create a drip point,the same as you would with the head of a reveal mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.