What would you do?

Members online

No members online now.

Tinytom

C621F768-D532-4262-B099-3DB143D4A67C.jpeg

So let’s set the scene.
Sunday morning, steady job skim out a garage conversion and you open the first bag of board finish, which was bought from t.p the day before and there’s a rock in there, a big lump of set plaster. f**k you @BritishGypsum your bags are wank, since the rebrand of the packaging there even worse.

Question is do you carry on with that bag or scrap the lot?

Had this but could hear a nd feel paddle knocking on summet so stuck my hand in and pulled a rock out twice size of thay

Had it loads of times over the years!

Best when you have to scoop them out of buckets with hand halfway through mixing up!

I had to use it so it did for a first coat but it was full of grit. I’ll be getting a refund tomorrow
Has anyone else noticed the new style bags seem a lot thinner? I picked up a bag of adhesive the other day and it split straight across the middle

Mate I had this the other week, I had no choice but to use it as was last bag laying down with it and it was an absolute nightmare. Full of little bits and stuff. Was going to post on here about it but was deflated. One of my worst days ever that was

Mate I had this the other week, I had no choice but to use it as was last bag laying down with it and it was an absolute nightmare. Full of little bits and stuff. Was going to post on here about it but was deflated. One of my worst days ever that was

It's ok mate they would only have given you BG politics statement batch number bollox answer!!!

I had to use it so it did for a first coat but it was full of grit. I’ll be getting a refund tomorrow
Has anyone else noticed the new style bags seem a lot thinner? I picked up a bag of adhesive the other day and it split straight across the middle
had 2 split on me last week multi ones started carrying them like a baby darnt throw over shoulder any more dreading the when one splits on top of stairs

It’s not just me then, they do seem thinner/more fragile
As if bg don’t make enough money they have to make cut backs on the packaging.
They should be packaging in plastic bags like mastercrete and the like

I’d mesh with tape round edges to hold it with a dry gorilla tub top and seize bag content into it then mix up in another tub

It’s not just me then, they do seem thinner/more fragile
As if bg don’t make enough money they have to make cut backs on the packaging.
They should be packaging in plastic bags like mastercrete and the like
No bags exactly the same

Bad storeage at the merchants

i called into a merchants in Clacton the other week. they had received a delivery and left the plaster outside till they had time to put it in the overloaded shed.
it was pissing down, all of the material was soaking wet.

There isn’t many merchants that know what to do or how important it is to plasterer with bags
Ccf is the only place I ever been where they leave the pallets completely wrapped in the plastic wrap , are the ones at home base still in the plastic wrap @Formby plastering or have they taken it off or the bags out ?

There isn’t many merchants that know what to do or how important it is to plasterer with bags
Ccf is the only place I ever been where they leave the pallets completely wrapped in the plastic wrap , are the ones at home base still in the plastic wrap @Formby plastering or have they taken it off or the bags out ?
Yes mate still in the wrap that's why I no they come straight off the truck... He's been sound with me to be fair he stocks the 6by3 for me because I asked. I take the pallet of multi off him in a few weeks.

Had this before years ago with bags from b and q. Two of us knocked up first coat everything fine, mixing second coat could feel things banging against the paddle, tried to spread it and it was lumps everywhere. Loaded rest of bags up and went back to b and q and they informed they had other complaints that day so where happy to replace the bags. I said what about the wages I’ve to pay out for lost time, my own lost time and the inconvenience of having to now rearrange jobs to try get this finished? Not our problem they said we will replace the bags you brought back and the three mixed up. I then asked if I could bring the waste in from the three bags I mixed for them to dispose of and they said I had to dispose of it myself. God I don’t miss working for myself.