What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkillie

Hi Guys i have a wee problem with regards to an older house i priced for replastering 13months ago, i gave the couple an individual breakdown of each room and they seemed happy so i plastered the living room and everyone was happy, didnt hear a thing until last week (i thought someone else must have done the remainder) so they now want me to carry on and do the rest of this substantial house at over a year ago prices when they were already priced tight, i,ve now picked up quite a bit of work and feel the couple should move the price slightly north as multi,bonding,scrim,fuel etc have all crept up, my mate said just do it and bite the bullit but said nope, am i biting my nose off to spite my face ??? ??? ???

pkillie said:
Hi Guys i have a wee problem with regards to an older house i priced for replastering 13months ago, i gave the couple an individual breakdown of each room and they seemed happy so i plastered the living room and everyone was happy, didnt hear a thing until last week (i thought someone else must have done the remainder) so they now want me to carry on and do the rest of this substantial house at over a year ago prices when they were already priced tight, i,ve now picked up quite a bit of work and feel the couple should move the price slightly north as multi,bonding,scrim,fuel etc have all crept up, my mate said just do it and bite the bullit but said nope, am i biting my nose off to spite my face ??? ??? ???
just explain that that was last years price and youll have to add 10% or so on top as everything else has gon up in price

I,ve tried to be polite with regards to increases but the couple wont move and keep on about the recession, it was a recommendation job from a previous client but i feel like saying F./K off

You've got other work on, ression or no ression don't get robbed! they've come back to you after a year! Mr Darling put VAT back up not you and all the other costs have also got to be taken into consideration, they didn't let you know they will contact you in the future to carry on.....Bet if they got another quote from someone else it would be higher!

dont be snotty with them mate, just tell them what the new price is and to give you a call when they have made there minds up ;)

put it this way, if you went to buy a car and you got a very good price from the car dealer you couldn't just stroll back into the showroom a year later and expect to just pick the car up could you :-\

there is a good chance they will ring you back as you have already done work for them :)

If you do it at last years prices, and the job drags on a bit you'll be well pissed off cursing the old couple. just be up front with them and see what they say.

u cant be that much out of pocket sureley i allways think your price is your word thats if u have any word dosent matter if u dont i bet if u had no work u would have no problem doing it for last years prices

When i price private work up whether cash or not it is all put in writing and stated that the price is revuable after 3 months.
Lucius

Status
Not open for further replies.