What would you do here

Members online

To me, the window.was bought too small. Either a mis measurement or special deal on someone elses mis measure.

Everyrhing is sitting behind.the window line, i wouls foam and clad qith some 70mm pvc facing.

I assume its weather right buy simply looks bad?

To me, the window.was bought too small. Either a mis measurement or special deal on someone elses mis measure.

Everyrhing is sitting behind.the window line, i wouls foam and clad qith some 70mm pvc facing.

I assume its weather right buy simply looks bad?

Mine was resolved long time ago now :D I removed the timber and beaded the reveals etc etc :D Looks ace now

Hi buddy

I can help and give assistance for this application... all of the advice so far is sound (except Danny’s original post - just no comment... at least he removed and sorted in the end), and your comments ref timber well founded...

There are various options: timber or inert noggin within the web and fix a render carrier board to these. Or external grade or aluminium encasement clips and profiles, then fix the boards to these

....or... full fill and wrap the steel with insulation (bonded and pinned), then render like an EWI - although I expect you only want to have a board and finish underneath for the opening below...

If timber, use tantalised and you will need some sort of ventilation in the cladding to keep moisture or dew from building up on / in the metal web...

Get in touch if you like

Richard Lord
Knauf
Aquapanel Technical Manager
07918 766577
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

I have gone with a 3m length of 125mm x 50mm recycled plastic in the web. Board bolted onto the beam through the plastic using bolts with countersunk heads to avoid popping afterwards.

DPC inside the board to prevent any weeping from RSJ but unsure how to return this underneath, but that is something that can be done at a later date when I put on the board underneath the RSJ