what way do u plaster a celing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

is there a quick system to them? cuz i pull the sides in and the bring the center up basicly all stright lines..

[ --> < ---]
[--> < ---]
[---> < ---]
[--> < ---]
[--> < --- ]

then

v v

lol how do u add a pic!

I was taught to trowel across the light (Window), and use a tressel (or stilts). Across, drop back across, drop back, till ya bang ya head. Then turn round and finish across wall/ceiling line.
Also found with reskims its best to skim across the joists, not along them. less problems trowelling up.

]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ first coat ]->->->->->->-><-[
]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ flattern ]->->->->->->-><-[
]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ second coat ]->->->->->->-><-[

]->->->->->->-><-[
]->->->->->->-><-[ flattern. sometimes flattern across
]->->->->->->-><-[

]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ first wet trowel ]->->->->->->-><-[

^^^^^^^^^^^^
] | | | | | | | | | | | | [ ] | | | | | | | | | | | | [ second wet trowel ] | | | | | | | | | | | | [

not sure if this is right but it works for me.

the lad who taught me would go round the edges first and work off of them like screeds it's the same with any plastering look after the angles and the rest of the wall will look after itself

I think it depends on the room. I'll pull in from the edges then do the centre in squarish rooms but did a kitchen 3m x 10m and used the drop back method on a rolling guage for that one.

Some of the haters on this forum used to rip that lad to shreds when he was on this forum...looks like he's the one laughing now

]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ first coat ]->->->->->->-><-[
]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ flattern ]->->->->->->-><-[
]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ second coat ]->->->->->->-><-[

]->->->->->->-><-[
]->->->->->->-><-[ flattern. sometimes flattern across
]->->->->->->-><-[

]->->->->->->-><-[ ]->->->->->->-><-[ first wet trowel ]->->->->->->-><-[

^^^^^^^^^^^^
] | | | | | | | | | | | | [ ] | | | | | | | | | | | | [ second wet trowel ] | | | | | | | | | | | | [

not sure if this is right but it works for me.

is this a new menu in Arabic:LOL: i will have the camels toe :lol: nice and juicy !!!!!

Some of the haters on this forum used to rip that lad to shreds when he was on this forum...looks like he's the one laughing now

Whys he the one laughing ?
He came on here as a savage chancer asked some seriously basic questions, bled the forum dry ( A bit like yourself ) then disappeared and practised on paying customers houses till he got his eye in..

The only difference between him and you is that hes done alright out of it, and you still haven't got a clue what your doing..

Whys he the one laughing ?
He came on here as a savage chancer asked some seriously basic questions, bled the forum dry ( A bit like yourself ) then disappeared and practised on paying customers houses till he got his eye in..

The only difference between him and you is that hes done alright out of it, and you still haven't got a clue what your doing..

But I'm doing more than alright...it's about working smarter Hicky, probably something you will never understand ;)

But I'm doing more than alright...it's about working smarter Hicky, probably something you will never understand ;)

So you keep telling us but nothing you say stacks up, lots of your newer posts are contradictory to older ones, so really anything you say has no credibility because no one believes you.

So you keep telling us but nothing you say stacks up, lots of your newer posts are contradictory to older ones, so really anything you say has no credibility because no one believes you.

Hicky I don't care....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.