What van ??

Members online

Oneeyey

Looking to get a small van but cant decide on make/model ... any help much appreciated ... for general plastering /boarding jobs ... cheers :bananahappy:

Ive got a transit connect..best small vans but shite for boards! Can just get a 6x3 in slanted on its arse..

Used to have a T280 transit ... but always gettin mythered .. can u just pick this up ... can u move this ... can u fit this in ur van .... lol

Ive got a transit connect..best small vans but shite for boards! Can just get a 6x3 in slanted on its arse..

Transit connects are wee crackers! Have one myself 18inch alloys, crime bars down the sides, recario seats, DVD player and all. The fella owned it before me used it as a shagging wagon. All carpeted out in back and not a spack of dust in her. Though that was until I got my hands on it! Still looks the part outside with the crome bars and alloys.

Also bought a swb transit. Just exactly what I need but can't get the time to ply line it/ shelfs etc.

Get a transit connect the hi tops long wheel base are pretty handy if you can find one.

VW caddys are also good but you can get a lovley connect for the price of a average caddy.

Vauxhall combos are useless I've owned 2 and 2 people i work with own one each one always is going through gearboxes the other is brakes, manifold and turbo, mine was rear brakes, gearbox, injectors, slave cylinder and clutch nothing but problems, and they hate weight.

You'll be glad you did. Lots of room in the front and ESP the dash. Fs the dash like an office desk it's that big. In fact, I use it as one. I've all sorts sitting on it.
Im having a lwb next time so I can get a good amount of 8 x 4's in it

Not a dig but I wonder how some can manage driving from job to job with materials, tools and rubbish day in day out in Nissan Micra sized van, I know you can get it delivered but when you collect you can get better price for mats as well as you can see what you actually getting, so no ripped bags or crappy boards, etc. I guess small vans good enough for site spreads if they only have the tools to leg about, id be dead as a dodo without my lwb van that's for sure

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What about Peugeot expert new shape,
If you going for something in between size,
Few years old don't cost to much.

Not a dig but I wonder how some can manage driving from job to job with materials, tools and rubbish day in day out in Nissan Micra sized van, I know you can get it delivered but when you collect you can get better price for mats as well as you can see what you actually getting, so no ripped bags or crappy boards, etc. I guess small vans good enough for site spreads if they only have the tools to leg about, id be dead as a dodo without my lwb van that's for sure

I agree, I detest ordering materials for delivery as I always seem to get the last drop and am waiting to unload when I should be on my way home..... I have a l1 h1 ducato and have a false ceiling in to hold 6x3s, props, levels etc and can still fir 8x4s in without moving my tools....

Years ago I always had large van for that reason but since started up, wee connect was perfect for me. As for the 8x4s, haven't tried it in my SWB transit but can get scaffold planks in and if I remember correctly, aren't they 8ft.

Years ago I always had large van for that reason but since started up, wee connect was perfect for me. As for the 8x4s, haven't tried it in my SWB transit but can get scaffold planks in and if I remember correctly, aren't they 8ft.
To be honest I'm looking to get a small run around, would be ideal for parking in London, fed up busting my cab driver mates balls with driving me about and me tools and he hates dust in his carriage.
Not sure on the scaff boards, you can get all sorts of lengths
I love my van but its a pain parking it sometimes