What type of plaster is on my walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couperin

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum and would love to have some advise on whats on our walls in our spare bedroom (soon to be bathroom). I'll try to provide as much information as I can but let me know if there's anymore info you need.

It looks like there's a mixture of plasters on the walls as they're all different colours and as we want to change this room into a bathroom any advice would be amazing.

Walls = Solid brick no cavity and an external wall.

Thanks very much guys!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

you can purchase plasterers in different colours. it makes no difference what so ever.
i would guess that the walls have been plastered at different times.

looks like teh paint has not stuck well to the walls..... A good plasterer will get over it :) Its a normal reskim job :)

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum and would love to have some advise on whats on our walls in our spare bedroom (soon to be bathroom). I'll try to provide as much information as I can but let me know if there's anymore info you need.

It looks like there's a mixture of plasters on the walls as they're all different colours and as we want to change this room into a bathroom any advice would be amazing.

Thanks very much guys!

View attachment 4519View attachment 4520View attachment 4521

That bottom one looks like a dog or a bear

Hey Smoother09,

Thanks for replying. I suppose the only thing that worries me is mould and damp once we get a new bathroom done. There was a lot of mould on the walls when I stripped the wall paper back so I washed it off with Ronseal mould killer. Theres also a lot of cracks everywhere in the plaster....is this due to movement or moisture maybe?

Would it be best to go back to the brick work and build up from there? What type of plaster should be used?

Cheers

Yeah i wouldn't be worried fella straight forward job for your plasterer welcome!:RpS_thumbsup:

A good pva and skim is all that needs mate. No need to take the old plaster off unless it's blown, give the walls a knock in a few places and youl be able to tell if the plasters loose :)

Hey All,

Thanks very much guys!

View attachment 4519View attachment 4520View attachment 4521
picture 2 u can see its got lime in it see how white it is its need to greened bond it from gypsom then 24 hr can be skimmed

Status
Not open for further replies.