what trowel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

sorry this has probably being covered before but was just wondering what do you lads use ?

i've started using ss worn-in trowels to lay on and permashaped to trowel up. how about you

sorry this has probably being covered before but was just wondering what do you lads use ?
MARSHALTOWN 13 for skim and 14 for roughing and refina midget trowel for the awkward bits :)

MARSHALLTOWN carbon steel to lay on and MARSHALLTOWN permashape to trowel up..........good trowels MARSHALLTOWN :)

i have always had 2 trowels 1 broken in and 1 breaking in i also use a newer 13 on sand and cement just to break it in so usually got 3 trowels going ::)

marshalltown ss 14" why for you have 2  trowels boys?
i had problems with laying on with my permashape i reckon they bend too much and was only getting 10 inches of plaster on the wall from a 13 inch trowel so ive bought a fairly straight 14 x3/4 MARSHALLTOWN to lay on with and polish to wear it in a bit and a permashape to trowel up with

i guess its what you're used to, i got my 14" worn in permashape 2yrs ago, good as gold from new. would never bother wearing one in again, plus 2 trowels means twice the cleaning! ;D

yeh true mate i might of had an off day and has haunted me ever since!!...................saying that the board work i was on was shocking err n%th drylining so i might have to try it out again on our lads work :cool:

ive got a little ragni at the mo 11" the one with the plastic handle ;D.......i took the edge off and it's lovely a right get you out of the shite trowel for awkward areas ...........feels very tinny though a bit like a citroen not a bmw like a MARSHALLTOWN

13" SS Marshalltown for me ::) razor sharp, Left it on a job the other day thought id lost it. The thought of buying a new 1 and having to wear it in sickened me to the core ;D I went back to the job and after a 40 minute search i found her under the stairs !! Happy days!

ive got a little ragni at the mo 11" the one with the plastic handle  ;D.......i took the edge off and it's lovely a right get you out of the shite trowel for awkward areas ...........feels very tinny though a bit like a citroen not a bmw like a MARSHALLTOWN

i bought a 8 inch midget ragni not used it yet perfect for inside windows :cool:

yeah. i got 11'' mt worn-in trowel, use it all the time for those arkward areas.
also just bought a 18'' for flatten with

The best trowel to use is a worn in one , the make or the type of steel is not important imo

had trouble in the past laying on with a permashed trowel, try laying on with a trowel that isnt shaped

My laying on Trowel is a Tyzack carbon 13" and I have a Refina trowel for skimming.
what are the refina ones like mate ??

I get on great with it, personally prefer them over marshall town. Its stainless but still has a bit of flex to it, and they come pre worn in :)

got to be a marshalltown mate!had a chance to buy a tyzak real cheap in b and q the other day cos of a pricing error but still plumped for the marshalltown which was 3 times as dear.gonna last you about 10 years so well worth it.thanks again for helping us and its good to repay the favor.eels. :)

Hey eels your obviosly a boosh fan saw the live show the other night quality ;D sorry to go off subject, as for trowels it dont matter alot what your using like church says, but i do know 1 thing you get used to a trowel, ive been using a wooden handle marshaltown for about 12 years and the last few months had to go over to the rubber handles, but getting used to it saying that i have been using them on and off for years but primarily using wood.

got to be a marshalltown mate!had a chance to buy a tyzak real cheap in b and q the other day cos of a pricing error but still plumped for the marshalltown which was 3 times as dear.gonna last you about 10 years so well worth it.thanks again for helping us and its good to repay the favor.eels. :)

they sell 14inch tyzack in b n q pre worn £20 the 13 inch is £35 ? dunno why the big price difference

Status
Not open for further replies.