What to put over type 2 outside

Richbarley99

Hi There, Help please.

I have just whacker plated type to in corner of garden, it's not as hard as I would have hoped,it's for a summer house eventually but not for a while.

I would like to put a wet layer over the top to hard it up, Can you advise please.?

Would screed be OK or will it break up in the cold, or a wet concrete mix? If so what ratio and would I add waterproofer?

Many thanks, Rich.

Picture Attached

Attachments

• 16577942380221371068133159468746.jpg
    16577942380221371068133159468746.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 137
Hi There, Help please.

I have just whacker plated type to in corner of garden, it's not as hard as I would have hoped,it's for a summer house eventually but not for a while.

I would like to put a wet layer over the top to hard it up, Can you advise please.?

Would screed be OK or will it break up in the cold, or a wet concrete mix? If so what ratio and would I add waterproofer?

Many thanks, Rich.

Picture Attached

It will compact more and more over a few weeks anyway.

I'd let it settle first, then decide.

SBR Screed or concrete both work outside.

Strong mix plenty of fibres. Depending on the weight going on top, you could always reinforce with A142 too.

I’d shutter the perimeter and top it with concrete a minimum of 4” or 100mm thick.
Ratio 3 gravel : 2 sharp sand : 1 cement.
Don’t bother with the waterproofer but you could lay a visqueen down if you the slab internal.

Could of done with next size up as that whacker plate is not big enough ideally but it will be ok
As said above shuttering made level, put up to one inch of sand on then the plastic then concrete 3:2:1 gravel sharp sand cement 75-100mm