what to go for

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
Spoke to stuart uk plastering machines. Great bloke took time to explain all machines.

thought i wanted a ritmo m.

But hes thrown a ritmo l and a ritmo ewi in the mix.
ive seen and used the m with wezly. But i want a 110v ideally for the odd site job. The ewi machine seems most cost effective. Anyone used it.?

Im seeing Stu myself regard a machine. Ive only ever used G4's before but that was years ago in the early 90's in Germany. Im thinking a ritmo for me as i dont do the size of jobs to warrant a G4 etc. Let us know how you get on Dan (plus details of any feebies ;) )

Free Genny :sorprendido3: am sure somebody has used the ewi set up?? im keen as fed up doing mono by hand and render im starting to get the aches and pains etc so a machine makes sense to me? Anyways keep us posted and get some pics up when youve got it etc (y)

I use a ritmo L on site all the time and never have any issues with it being 240v. I have been asked once by a site agent while using it and a told him it was classed as plant machinery,he shrugged his shoulders said ok and walked away.

So who uses 230 on site then where health safety nightmare. I mean do u just go unplug the agents kettle and say need it for me ritmo?

Ive heard 110v is prone to tripping out? Anyone enlighten me. Ive only ever used 110 tools. Going to 240 baffles me for sitework

Most sites will let you use 240 or 3phase,from generator . You need to present method statement for plant machinery . This is what I found out. If you relying on the machine for a job is worth asking in advance before you commit .

I have the ritmo l dan and don't have any problems on the sites i have been on.i try and keep the genie fairly close to the machine so the leads aren't scattered around the site.i have had issues of the machine tripping out the electric off late when the machine and water pump are plugged in together.it will trip out on set up.best to have the genie on board for most jobs.
I don't know too much about the ritmo for ewi but if you get the L then it can be used for medium size mono jobs if needed

110 on site mate, never had a issue we use the 32 amp sockets that are always free.

We have a geny but it sits in the lockup never gets used

Les Lord knows the rules regarding 240v on site. I think it is to do with RCD breakers. You could always ring H & S. My Genny has a RCD and most homes do.

Thats my excuse anyway.

h & s dont ban 240 v from sites , although a lot of sites make their own rules and ban 240v,,,, h & s say 240v must be plugged into a RCD breaker,, leads must go the shortest route possible not go through any puddles and like all electrical tools must be PAT tested and have visual check each time you use it

h & s dont ban 240 v from sites , although a lot of sites make their own rules and ban 240v,,,, h & s say 240v must be plugged into a RCD breaker,, leads must go the shortest route possible not go through any puddles and like all electrical tools must be PAT tested and have visual check each time you use it

That makes sense.

Are there different rules for 110v

Machines don't need PAT testing as they are classed as plant, only thing that needs PAT testing is the power cables

Status
Not open for further replies.