What to do?

Jon84

Hi,been plastering for 20+yrs and have had my nvq3 since early 2000's,to be honest im fed up working on site and working for someone else.was wondering what the next move should be to make the most of my experience and qualifications?thanks.

Hi,been plastering for 20+yrs and have had my nvq3 since early 2000's,to be honest im fed up working on site and working for someone else.was wondering what the next move should be to make the most of my experience and qualifications?thanks.
Council?

@John j

Well if you were to become a lecturer you would still be working for someone else, just with less freedom.
Your nvq level 3 only entitles you to start working your way to becoming a fully qualified lecturer and believe me it certainly wouldn't suit most spreads I've met over the last forty years.

As you have been directly employed by someone for 20 years you have no contacts nor experience on how to run a business.
I stopped working on sites years ago I realised that it was like trying to earn a wage with one arm tied behind your back. Hard hats, gloves, steel capped boots, jackets, goggles. Day wasted on induction corse. Can only eat your meal in the canteen. 20% tax stoped, 2% C I T B, 2% main contractor discount. Metre rate low then " we are on 90 day payments. will that be OK?" Won't bother me mate I will not be there!"

Best place to retire
I have earned good money on council contracts. I have just finished putting right a village hall, it had been dot and dab with the dabs about a metre apart you could push the board and it moved. Sorted that feckup out. Started at 9am and home by 2pm every day.

I have earned good money on council contracts. I have just finished putting right a village hall, it had been dot and dab with the dabs about a metre apart you could push the board and it moved. Sorted that feckup out. Started at 9am and home by 2pm every day.
Can't beat expanding foam

Had decorator at mine today . Not seen him for a while. He said ye grt rough you used to be good. I said I'm getting lazy as well

Sounded like a good un , those are ones you remember too (y)

As you have been directly employed by someone for 20 years you have no contacts nor experience on how to run a business.
I stopped working on sites years ago I realised that it was like trying to earn a wage with one arm tied behind your back. Hard hats, gloves, steel capped boots, jackets, goggles. Day wasted on induction corse. Can only eat your meal in the canteen. 20% tax stoped, 2% C I T B, 2% main contractor discount. Metre rate low then " we are on 90 day payments. will that be OK?" Won't bother me mate I will not be there!"

Payment terms & Retension can always be negotiated with MCD built into your price. :LOL: