What to do?!?

Zippydragon

I know a guy who did one of those red letter weekend plastering courses and he started advertising for work in his areA. He has loads of work in really pricey areas but can’t do it (literally) he kept getting me in on really really good money (£200-£280) a day. So I didn’t mind and just took over and did my thing. He was so messy and slow but just didn’t listen so in the end I gave him a battlefield commission of bucket cleaner. He has now got loads more work for me but I know a recent job which I priced for him as he can’t work areas out he’s taking over £900 off it for sod all work and I’m getting £500 to do it. I can’t complain as it’s easy and won’t take long but I’m thinking to cut ties as he’s advertising to be something he’s not and doesn’t listen. I’m all for profit but I don’t agree with taking the piss. What do I do?

I know a guy who did one of those red letter weekend plastering courses and he started advertising for work in his areA. He has loads of work in really pricey areas but can’t do it (literally) he kept getting me in on really really good money (£200-£280) a day. So I didn’t mind and just took over and did my thing. He was so messy and slow but just didn’t listen so in the end I gave him a battlefield commission of bucket cleaner. He has now got loads more work for me but I know a recent job which I priced for him as he can’t work areas out he’s taking over £900 off it for sod all work and I’m getting £500 to do it. I can’t complain as it’s easy and won’t take long but I’m thinking to cut ties as he’s advertising to be something he’s not and doesn’t listen. I’m all for profit but I don’t agree with taking the piss. What do I do?
You're not the one taking the piss. Your doing a good job for fair money. And tbh if the customers are dumb enough and rich enough to pay £1400 for 2 days worth of work then it's kind of their fault. He's not forcing anyone to accept the quotes. Having said that I can see it would be very annoying building up his reputation for him and doing all the work for less money. Tough one.

I'd probably start advertising where he does and taking his work...

Anyone do insurance work. Seems there's a lot of money to be made.
Don't know how you'd get on their books to become a recommended trader.

How did you meet this bellend ?

It’s absolutely shocking but every builder in the land is doing the same mate. As long as you’re getting what you want and are happy then who cares what he’s charging.

I recently found out a builder i plaster for roughly charges double what I charge him . He buys the materials. Thing is if I started putting quotes in like he does I wouldn’t get the work . Can’t get my head around it .

You’re mixing work with politics. If he brings you well paid work then don’t get involved in anything else
Probably right , dreading the next job as he’s done the boarding. Think I may need 1000mil wide scrim for his joints hahahaha

Funny this . I dont even like to know what builders are making as i know it's more then I.m making . But if they keep me busy and I get what i want then f**k it . I.m happy their happy customers happy.
What I find strange is this. If builder prices a job at 2 grand and jobs worth 800 if i priced it private . If i asked for 1500 customer would say it's to dear. f**k knows how they word it

I have done that a couple of times and to be honest I don’t care as long as I get paid if work comes along for me I take it but in the meantime best of both worlds ...money is money

So advertise where he does and recognise that you are busy when you price. If you don't get the jobs, then work for him.

Simples.