What tablet

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 32554

No gypsum involved , promise
Got a cracked phone screen and want to get a cheap cellular tablet , 8" ish , no wifi up my field any suggestions ,
any wise cracks and I'm telling me mum , cheers guys and jess

No gypsum involved , promise
Got a cracked phone screen and want to get a cheap cellular tablet , 8" ish , no wifi up my field any suggestions ,
any wise cracks and I'm telling me mum , cheers guys and jess
You got lab?

Use your phone as WiFi hot-spot and you can connect any tablet to the hot-spot WiFi from phone... Amazon Fire tablet is cheapest option... Is that what you want to do? Or buy big ass phone with great specs like the honor 8x.... £180 ish.. Worth way more...

Use your phone as WiFi hot-spot and you can connect any tablet to the hot-spot WiFi from phone... Amazon Fire tablet is cheapest option... Is that what you want to do? Or buy big ass phone with great specs like the honor 8x.... £180 ish.. Worth way more...
Techno phone here , had assumed I could Bluetooth from my phone when I wanted to use a larger screen but told not by shop
Already have a cheap tablet for downloads and have no WiFi where I would use it anyway

Techno phone here , had assumed I could Bluetooth from my phone when I wanted to use a larger screen but told not by shop
Already have a cheap tablet for downloads and have no WiFi where I would use it anyway
No.. You don't Bluetooth for Internet... You wifi... Bluetooth is for auto to headphone or to connect to car audio.. If phone is conected to the Internet you can turn it to a hot-spot and any device can conected easy enough... Not sure what you have and what you want to do.... Do you have Internet and Internet service provider router sending out a WiFi signal and you want to pick that signal up?

No.. You don't Bluetooth for Internet... You wifi... Bluetooth is for auto to headphone or to connect to car audio.. If phone is conected to the Internet you can turn it to a hot-spot and any device can conected easy enough... Not sure what you have and what you want to do.... Do you have Internet and Internet service provider router sending out a WiFi signal and you want to pick that signal up?
OK , never new the limitations of blue tooth , living off grid a lot of the time so jumping to conclusions its got to be cellular tablet investment ?

Been out of electronics for 30 y if it ain't got transistors I can't fix it lol

Assuming you are off grid and can't get Internet from British telecom then you need a smart phone.. A smart phone is a large cellular tablet but with the benifit of being able to make phone calls. You can buy a tablet that will take a sim card but better off with smart phone because of the cost and more choice. OK you don't want it for phone calling but just get the biggest smart phone you can. The only question is which of the current mobile phone operators have signal in your area? Find out and get a sim only data plan for the new large smart phone.

Assuming you are off grid and can't get Internet from British telecom then you need a smart phone.. A smart phone is a large cellular tablet but with the benifit of being able to make phone calls. You can buy a tablet that will take a sim card but better off with smart phone because of the cost and more choice. OK you don't want it for phone calling but just get the biggest smart phone you can. The only question is which of the current mobile phone operators have signal in your area? Find out and get a sim only data plan for the new large smart phone.
Got a smart phone 6" screen but wanted bigger to work on drawing s

On camp site at st Ives atm, n using tablet Samsung galaxy tab s2 getting internet using my 3 unlimited data phone to hot spot tether off of, easy n cheapest when off grid imo.

On camp site at st Ives atm, n using tablet Samsung galaxy tab s2 getting internet using my 3 unlimited data phone to hot spot tether off of, easy n cheapest when off grid imo.
I'm assuming hotspot tetheroff is campsite line that relays to you ?

No

I don't need to pay for campsite WiFi I just use my phones WiFi and copy, piggyback WiFi off my phone onto my tablet if that makes more sense ? :rico:
That's what I assumed was possible , sales in shop tried to sell me some £300 new tablet , how can I do it ?

If your phone contract or payg set up alows hot spot tethering you go in settings to find turn on hot spot then on tablet go in settings to wifi and when you see your phone name or model come up click on it and it will say connected then just go to net browser on tab n away you go

If your phone contract or payg set up alows hot spot tethering you go in settings to find turn on hot spot then on tablet go in settings to wifi and when you see your phone name or model come up click on it and it will say connected then just go to net browser on tab n away you go
Will try this eve cheers