What stilts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies - I have been remiss in not replying to this thread...

...we'll happily entertain a discount for TPF members (as soon as we sort out a suitable surcharge or price increase to compensate). Please call us to negotiate!

Anyone who is interested is welcome to 'try before you buy' at our premises in Uckfield, East Sussex. Furthermore, we'll also carry out a more formal training and fitting session (if requested) and issue a 'certificate of competence' you can use to startle your site safety manager.

As for pro's and con's of DURA-STILTS vs other breeds - without descending into a slanging match we'll just stand by our 50+ year history of innovation and performance which has seen off many competitors before now.

One thing to remember - a large number of users on site do NOT adjust their stilts correctly - meaning they really haven't discovered just how comfortable they should be. This becomes an issue when using them for hours at a time, not so much for 30 minutes. Getting stilts nicely adjusted really can make a huge difference.

Well that's the crack here some asshole following you round site last time I worked on site some young bell end giving people yellow cards for not wearing hard hat when skimming ceilings and gloves and glasses

Yea seen that **** before,how can you skim a ceiling with a hard hat ,absolute joke ,I know exactly where your coming from ,how can anyone operate under conditions like this ,it's overkill and the contractors suffer
ive been on a few sites were they use the yellow card system, 1st yellow a warning ,2nd yellow oneweek ban from site 3rd yellow becomes a red banned for ever, the other day i had six blokes in suites watching me work, i usually find flicking some dirty water around with your water brush in their direction is enough to get them to leave

its like any thing in life, you get what u pay for, my advice would be to pay the extra and get DURA-STILTS

buy them from direct from the dura stilt site in america. there only $295, that's £176 plus postal which i think i paid £60, £236 total, had to wait 6 weeks though but i saved £100 and got the same product. there £334 here and i dont know if that incudes postal.

The thing to watch when arranging a personal import is VAT and duties - any goods over £135 iirc is liable to duty, and anything over £35 liable to VAT...and they also charge these on the cost of delivery too.

This may seem reasonable, until someone allocates the wrong duty band/product type which attracts a different duty band (this is more likely where the shipper does not know the international customs commodities codes and leaves it to the carrier to complete the paperwork). You cannot appeal and you do not receive the goods until the duty and VAT are paid.

Remember doing business here in the UK is vastly more expensive than in the USA and we have to recoup those costs somewhere...and when somebody needs advice they call us, not the USA, or spare parts, or HSE advice, or training, or spare parts delivered tomorrow because otherwise they lose money through not being on site...

Also, if you waited six weeks add up how much you could have earned on stilts in that time. Many customers tell us they pay for themselves on one job, so the cost is readily covered by the convenience of getting the goods when you want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.