What should i pay a trainee?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

drylinerbrum

Hi. i'm a subbie, i do dry lining, metal stud partitions and m.f ceilings. I've got a trainee starting tomorow. He's 21, says he's done a bit of boarding before, can cut amd carry that kind of thing. we haven't discussed pay. What do you think is a fair price per day?

Put him on a months trail, pay him a low starting wage say £40. At the end of the month if he is any good pay him what you feel he is worth, and what you can afford.

The main thing is he must up the amount of work you get done or he's not worth keeping.

Put him on a months trail, pay him a low starting wage say £40. At the end of the month if he is any good pay him what you feel he is worth, and what you can afford.

The main thing is he must up the amount of work you get done or he's not worth keeping.
I payed a trainee I had before £40 he came for a week I didn't see him again useless tnat !!!

I,m with Carlos try him out for a bit ,if it was me i would try for a week ,that way if he is no good ,you only lost that

ive got a lad of 22 with us,whose been with us since october.
i give him £50 a day on paye, there not slaves, treat them half right from the start and youll get a bit of loyality.

ive got a lad of 22 with us,whose been with us since october.
i give him £50 a day on paye, there not slaves, treat them half right from the start and youll get a bit of loyality.

well said marra........he should be on the minimum wage at least

pleased your not my gaffer......................:RpS_thumbdn:........................:flapper:

Anyway John ,Arti is s##t and i would not use him ,i an honest as you can see and trust worthy :RpS_biggrin:

and he kisses ass...............as you can also see.............................:RpS_wink:

im off to play pac man in the private section.........are you coming in keith.........................:RpS_laugh:

soz keith.............:RpS_blushing:

http://
pacman-advanced_zps60efaff6.png

:RpS_laugh:

I only get £80 after tax were I work and I've been plastering for 20 years gizmos a job John
Possibly London rates are better, I have been paying £70 a day for a couple of years now and £120 after tax for a plasterer and I still get abused about been mean, I say if you can get better I will go with you..

£70 a day seems a fair wage for a good labourer in london.....if you can find one to take you on most i see tend to be £50-70 a day in essex/london but hard to get anything lately

National minimum wage there bonus is learning a trade and wanting to earn more money gets them motivated

Haha minimum wage is fair game if your boss is gunna teach you n not use you promise you the world then drop you....I'm a firm believer in looking after the hand that you should treat someone who doing hard graft for you well

You're ****** then you get paid minimum wage and work like a dog tescos have got a wage policy in five years time you might work you're way up to the tills

I worked for firm keith so I dipped in with everyone, the boss at the time brought the lad who tought him out of retirement to teach me and another lad how to use a straight edge for 6 months he used to float and set a 3 bed with a lab in a week and had a whole site to himself back in the day he goes back 4 generations with plastering .......shoukd be a bit beter than I am really lol

I made a bit of my own luck I spent 5 of those months wih him because he knew I wanted to learn and was keen from day one the other lad got a month
Funny thing Is he's still **** and is one of those who goes round telling you how to do you're job and gets laughed at
Attitude is everything

Status
Not open for further replies.