What machines are suitable for use with Thistle Spray Finish?

Members online

Thistle Spray Finish is designed for “worm-pumpâ€￾ type spray machines such as the m-tec M100SC or the PFT Ritmo. These machines mix the product, use a screw-like pump to move it along a hose to the nozzle and then spray it using compressed air. A similar principle is used in larger machines for undercoat plasters, one-coat plasters, flowing floor screeds and some external renders, but these larger machines (e.g. m-tec DuoMix and M300, PFT G4 & G5) are too big to apply a skim finish at a sensible speed and are not recommended for Thistle Spray Finish.

[h=4]Does British Gypsum sell or hire the machines?[/h]No. British Gypsum is not involved in the supply or support of the machines. British Gypsum’s expertise is with the manufacture, supply and support of the plaster products.
[h=4]Where can I purchase or hire a suitable machine?[/h]The worm-pump spray machines can be hired and purchased from the two machine dealer networks, m-tec and PFT. The dealer networks supply machines, parts, and accessories. Dealers also provide servicing, technical support, training and demonstrations.[h=4]How much does a worm-pump type spray machine cost?[/h]Please contact machine dealers for up to date pricing. Most realistic scenarios lead to a payback period between 3 and 5.5 months (of 5-day weeks).
[h=4]Can I use an airless machine to apply the product?[/h]Airless spray machines (e.g. Graco, Wagner), are typically used for commercial painting and for spraying thin coats of ready-mixed products. These machines are not currently suitable for use with Thistle Spray Finish because it is a gypsum setting product that risks setting in the machine if left. The second reason why airless machines are not suitable is because at present they do not incorporate a powder/water mixing facility prior to insertion into the machine.

Thistle Spray Finish is designed for “worm-pumpâ€￾ type spray machines such as the m-tec M100SC or the PFT Ritmo. These machines mix the product, use a screw-like pump to move it along a hose to the nozzle and then spray it using compressed air. A similar principle is used in larger machines for undercoat plasters, one-coat plasters, flowing floor screeds and some external renders, but these larger machines (e.g. m-tec DuoMix and M300, PFT G4 & G5) are too big to apply a skim finish at a sensible speed and are not recommended for Thistle Spray Finish.

[h=4]Does British Gypsum sell or hire the machines?[/h]No. British Gypsum is not involved in the supply or support of the machines. British Gypsum’s expertise is with the manufacture, supply and support of the plaster products.
[h=4]Where can I purchase or hire a suitable machine?[/h]The worm-pump spray machines can be hired and purchased from the two machine dealer networks, m-tec and PFT. The dealer networks supply machines, parts, and accessories. Dealers also provide servicing, technical support, training and demonstrations.[h=4]How much does a worm-pump type spray machine cost?[/h]Please contact machine dealers for up to date pricing. Most realistic scenarios lead to a payback period between 3 and 5.5 months (of 5-day weeks).
[h=4]Can I use an airless machine to apply the product?[/h]Airless spray machines (e.g. Graco, Wagner), are typically used for commercial painting and for spraying thin coats of ready-mixed products. These machines are not currently suitable for use with Thistle Spray Finish because it is a gypsum setting product that risks setting in the machine if left. The second reason why airless machines are not suitable is because at present they do not incorporate a powder/water mixing facility prior to insertion into the machine.

I have a Putzmeister SP11 would this be suitable? Or too much pressure?
Got a load of flats to do soon using machine for render and liquid screed, would be great for finishing too!!

The PFt Ritmo M or L with a Powercoat upgrade is the most suitable machine. The powercoat upgrade includes a smaller rotor stator, thinner material hose a stainless steel powercoat gun and a remote control.

Hello, I think with an R & S type machine at the pft pace, MIxer Sprinter with the right prodrug job kit. If you are looking for a finish the pft swing airless or the flatspray mixer 20/30.