what job are you the proudest of

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
what job was your best you did. i did a bathroom last week where another plasterer told them he could only dot and dab but they wanted it solid. i knocked all the brick off and then floated it with bonding and then skimmed. it looked perfect and they want me back to to an outhouse

The time I only had a little job to do so floated and skimmed some sand and cement same day on a damp job............:RpS_thumbup:

Saved the customer a few quid not having to go back.

Last edited:
what job was your best you did. i did a bathroom last week where another plasterer told them he could only dot and dab but they wanted it solid. i knocked all the brick off and then floated it with bonding and then skimmed. it looked perfect and they want me back to to an outhouse

define best job Dave, best paid, best finish, best lunch? :RpS_thumbsup:

Im most proud of the job ive done sculpting my muscular tight ass at the gym...........Tight glutes are the future..................:RpS_thumbsup:

Im most proud of the job ive done sculpting my muscular tight ass at the gym...........Tight glutes are the future..................:RpS_thumbsup:
Thanks arti.......now I have an unnecessary erection :RpS_thumbup:

Soz marra, didnt mean to give you blood................im just a good donor....................:RpS_wink:

skimmed some exterior work with multi, once, dave. I****n restaurant in birkenhead. they'd taken out some windows and boarded over with ply then board ...:RpS_laugh: said they just wanted it skimming. explained that it was outside etc but they were determined, said they would paint it. so i did it. had a baseball cap on in case anyone recognised me and parked the van a street away. never got invited to the opening night ......:RpS_confused:

A recent k-rend and TC I've done ,Tudor style ,lots of tape required

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 250
This is the job I am most proud of. This is my son Peter who as you can see by the picture is my beer assistant. I can write about 1000"s of jobs I am proud of from renovation work with lime based plaster , internal and external , To large site jobs I have completed with my plastering colleagues. But why bother as I see no need too. I noticed Dave you talking about calling all local plasterers with no joy getting an apprenticeship on another thread. I must say good on you for trying but I personally get at least 2 calls or emails every week asking the same thing. I have tried 4 or 5 lads over the last couple of years and in my experience so far. After a week or 2 they want the same money I am on even though they still cant even spread a bit s&c , or finish a decent amount of multi on their own. Or they cant be arsed to get out of ben even though I travel out of my way to pick them up. My boy the beer assistant will be my apprentice as im sure many other guys on here have done. Reason for this is that I am fed up of so called keen lads that find my business and think they are going to get an easy ride and earn loads of money from it

Attachments

• my boy.jpg
    my boy.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 239
EDIT; I worked my arse off for several years as a plasterers labourer for 3 guys. In this time I learnt the trade and through my own hard work and dedication to the trade have I got to where I am now. I still advertise and when I have too much I give it to my other plastering colleges that I know I can trust to leave a good job. This thread has touched a nerve as every job you should be proud of because you produce the same quality work day in day out

Whose Ben :RpS_wub: , sorry mate well put ,it all these others making me think that way ....honest

Whose Ben :RpS_wub: , sorry mate well put ,it all these others making me think that way ....honest

Pmsl............who you kidding @keithuk..................your the fu@kin ringmaster round here.............:rolleyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT; I worked my arse off for several years as a plasterers labourer for 3 guys. In this time I learnt the trade and through my own hard work and dedication to the trade have I got to where I am now. I still advertise and when I have too much I give it to my other plastering colleges that I know I can trust to leave a good job. This thread has touched a nerve as every job you should be proud of because you produce the same quality work day in day out
If there was such a thing as post of the day .... This would be it!!!!

skimmed some exterior work with multi, once, dave. I****n restaurant in birkenhead. they'd taken out some windows and boarded over with ply then board ...:RpS_laugh: said they just wanted it skimming. explained that it was outside etc but they were determined, said they would paint it. so i did it. had a baseball cap on in case anyone recognised me and parked the van a street away. never got invited to the opening night ......:RpS_confused:

Where about...did s job on an I****n restaurant in Birkenhead where they had fitted a beam and boarded it themselves....I had to put coving along it. I've never seen such an accidental curve in my life. Told them it's gonna look horrible. Nah a just do it. Worst job i've ever done.

Where about...did s job on an I****n restaurant in Birkenhead where they had fitted a beam and boarded it themselves....I had to put coving along it. I've never seen such an accidental curve in my life. Told them it's gonna look horrible. Nah a just do it. Worst job i've ever done.

:RpS_biggrin: that sounds like them, mate. they'd already had some "skimming" done inside when i got there, or done it themselves. this was an "emergency" :RpS_laugh: just did it there and then. but yeah, they knew best:

"it will be okay. you do it now, yes?"

"yeah, i could do .... okay. for cash ..."

at the end of the precinct it was, mike. opposite the market and farmfoods. think it was going to be an oriental / I****n buffet. next time i was in birkenhead it was shut. windows were still okay, though ...:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.