What is this,?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to a job today and it was built 1970 ish. The walls are covered in this ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1424884077.283654.jpg

it's pink looking and very soft and chalky and some sparkle in it. I don't know if it's some lime render of some sort mixed wrong as I think it was a plumber that owned the house, so I guess he done the work himself. Never seen it like that what ever it is.

What do you guys say it is

Plaster mixxed with browning?

Looks like bonding mixed with something like plaster as well though?

I thought it was some kind of kind of bonding mixed with plaster due to the pink color (Can't see it from photo) But was not sure in 1970s what was about so I've took a sample to take on site to an old boy I know see what he knows..

Maybe browning and bonding mixed together. The sparkly bits will be the vermiculite in the bonding. :RpS_thumbup:

diamonds youve struck diamonds...............but shh dnt tell everyone. @Fatarm you havent seen the pink bonding in ages???

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where it's dug up, haven't seen pink bonding for 20 years, browning even longer. Finish is pink though :RpS_thumbup:

Sparkly bits are crushed up asbestos insulation some spreads used to add it to their mixes to strengthen it, bit like adding fibres to the mix.

Sparkly bits are crushed up asbestos insulation some spreads used to add it to their mixes to strengthen it, bit like adding fibres to the mix.

Hack it all off, then notice all the bits floating in the air when the sunlight comes through the window.. Then realise you're breathing all this shít in :RpS_scared:

Should point out out I was joking about asbestos though it's important you should check any dodgy stuff out :RpS_thumbup:

This FreeD muppet has not got a clue. I would call him a troll but no troll would try and talk so much boll1x for so long and not even realised that even our clown is laughing at him. God save the Queen :RpS_scared:

It may well be thistle plaster mixed with sand used to be known as thistle browning many moons ago

Should point out out I was joking about asbestos though it's important you should check any dodgy stuff out :RpS_thumbup:

This FreeD muppet has not got a clue. I would call him a troll but no troll would try and talk so much boll1x for so long and not even realised that even our clown is laughing at him. God save the Queen :RpS_scared:

No it's true I don't have a clue ignore me...neither does Irish he says rising damp doesn't exist? lol anyway I was joking to about the asbestos, but knowing it's properties I would have thought it would be good if you need to strengthen your mix :)

Status
Not open for further replies.