What is this paint ?

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Normally I get my decor mate in to strip out but I've been stripping out this place, crappy wood panels everywhere then a few layers of paper then this like wood effect paint I think ?
Saw someone post up similar from Scotland either @PlasterCraftDundee or @Donzo if I recall right, it's on so tight , built 1920s ex council house , was gonna blob some pva and test a little area with skim ,
Anyone seen it before or advice
Thanks
IMG_3844.JPG
IMG_3846.JPG
IMG_3845.JPG

I come across it on a job few weeks back. Stripped the paper on stairs and found a handrail painted on to the wall. Done what you have and checked what it was painted onto just incase cos I'd never xome across it. Just gritted the lot and skimmed it then

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's called woodgraining Vince, dying craft that is just like marbling.

I come across it on a job few weeks back. Stripped the paper on stairs and found a handrail painted on to the wall. Done what you have and checked what it was painted onto just incase cos I'd never xome across it. Just gritted the lot and skimmed it then

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I was just about to join up painting forum and ask lol

We had this in a pub we renovated, its wood effect created with acrylic paint and vanish if I remember correctly. Was a shame to cover it up I thought it looked the b*ll***s

lol I was thinking if I had to register I'd use Flynnyman as my name so I didn't make myself look stupid
I only posted on this thread to point out you ignore any questions asked on other threads, to talk complete b*ll***s on another.

We had this in a pub we renovated, its wood effect created with acrylic paint and vanish if I remember correctly. Was a shame to cover it up I thought it looked the b*ll***s
Agree mate I'm looking thinking for nearly 100 years old a shame to skim it , it's grown on me
IMG_3858.JPG
IMG_3859.JPG

Crafty Dundee had the same a while back..and coincidentally I was doing a job similar paint/varnish stuff?...

He went with unifinish....but I shat it and gritted and skimmed.:)

You won't get away with pva @Vincey you will have to use a grit. I recommend Bond it external grit as it's waterproof so you can chuck loads on over it and not coarse like blue grit that stuff is wank as is the yellow pre grit as it dries in patchy with that shite!! If it's green it's the right gear

You won't get away with pva @Vincey you will have to use a grit. I recommend Bond it external grit as it's waterproof so you can chuck loads on over it and not coarse like blue grit that stuff is wank as is the yellow pre grit as it dries in patchy with that shite!! If it's green it's the right gear

Agreed on the blue grit being wank I absolutely hate it

Nice one what about the pink microbe ''tis stuff I got a tub in garage I never used

Yeah I had a job like that I went over it with uni. Luckily the paper wasn't textured like yours and I didn't go over the 2mm limit so it stuck :D