What is everyone's preferences for render mixes and ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to use the correct ratio for the substrate I'm working on at the time.

Note to self: Stop answering stupid questions.

I like to use the correct ratio for the substrate I'm working on at the time.

Note to self: Stop answering stupid questions.

did you restrain your answer as not to jeopardize your chance of this months "most friendly poster" mug and t-shirt, Andy..................:RpS_wink:

Just rendering block work just wonders how u all do it as most I know are different
Concrete block can be done four to one with lime or plasticiser or a waterproofer depending on requirements , I generally keep five to one with lime as 5/1/1 as my strongest mix, I use fibres now too, two handfuls in the mix, also might use mesh embedded in scratch.

Cool do u put fibres in top coat and are you putting5.1 on a 4.1 bk coat john
Fibres in the top coat can appear in the render finish , I avoid using them in the top coat now but some with more experience of them do, you could try with half the amount but the coconut look scares me a bit, not as bad as that of course but a few fibres sticking out here and there, yes four to one for backing on concrete block and five to one as floating coating, I personally like five one one with lime for floating.

Andy, when you put the fibers in the top coat do they not show through when its rubbed up.?

Yes ,I need to get some more types, just got travis Perkins fibres and the are 20mm as standard, sarcasm aside as if how do you judge how many to put ina mixer to avoid them been on the finish coat protruding out ?

Yes ,I need to get some more types, just got travis Perkins fibres and the are 20mm as standard, sarcasm aside as if how do you judge how many to put ina mixer to avoid them been on the finish coat protruding out ?

I use the very scientific method of "a good handful" per gauge.

4:1:half scratch. 5:1:1 top coat. Only a little water proofer in scratch if any. 2 much and top oat won't pull in and will just slide about when ruling and rubing.

Thats an old trick i do with the meshed-back mosaic sheets, if i tile say a set -of steps and the ends of the mash are sticking out !i just get a lighter and burn them off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.