What has happened to all the government funded ewi work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny689

Hey long time reader first time poster on here. Just wondering what has happened to all the ewi work on council estates and local authority housing that was kicking off last year. Doesn't seem to be any around at the moment and i am desperately looking to get on a job. Based in Manchester myself. If anyone has any information would be really grateful!!

what i see of it where i am .is being done by russians, work given to company from stoke on trent or manchester ficking miles away from cwmbran yet local council got new name ,cant name names, but they pledge to keep the work in the community i must be missing somthing,apperently they only have to be leasing business premisses in the county to come under being local firm

Shock horror

the govt promise loads of work and loads of funding to boost construction and reduce carbon and guess what........

It's all still going on in Middlesbrough. We are getting a day out on site with the lads doing it round our way every Wednesday till the end of June, it's been put through the college for us as a reward/bonus for the lads who get their assesments & exams done early.

I'm doing my first day on site with them on Wednesday. Really looking forward to it.

Good job I haven't got a negative attitude, otherwise I would definitely not be getting any of it then.

Good job I haven't got a negative attitude, otherwise I would definitely not be getting any of it then.

you will have a negative attitude when your payslip comes through hahah :RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

only joking, each to their own on speed/turnover

or was I ? :RpS_unsure:

It's through the college so no payslip at all. Only 1 way I'm going to find out if it's for me though.

Any renderers that speak good English and want work should contact me, we have projects on site an kicking off shortly.

im from essex, but live in yorkshire, so hopefully that means i speak good english!!!lol Where abouts mate? leave your email or number. bradleigh

Things are definitely starting to happen on the funded work, I reckon it will kick off shortly and probably go mental again for a year or so.

problem is that it will stop at some point when the funding streams change and then many people will be out of work again. I'm still getting several calls and emails a week from ewi lads all round the country looking for a start.

hi warkton, whats the closest you got to south wales mate, been doing ewi for almost 3 years now but its gone dead quiet around here, all firms claiming to have loads in the pipeline but hardly anything being started yet. call me to chat if you like. 07974943619 thanks

The Green Deal and Eco funding has been slow getting off the ground but is now starting to ramp up and by January 2014 will be in full swing.
There is a funding pot of 15 billion to be spent over the next 10 years with the majority being spent on EWI so don't worry about any shortage of work it's going to be a shortage of quality labour that's going to be the problem.
The CESP and CERT schemes we have seen over the last 4 years are only minuscule compared to Green Deal and Eco so be prepared to witness an explosion in the industry very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.