What finishing trowel should I get

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

finefinishwales

Using my 14" marshall to lay on, my 800mm spat to flat, what should I get to finish looking at 18" s*p*r*lex refina trowel or 20" Plazie refina buying tomorrow so need advise soon cheers guys. :RpS_unsure:

whats wrong with finishing with ya 14" MT......................:RpS_confused:

Been doing that for the last ten years only got one trowel its actually starting to taper at the end due to wear but its still perfect and finishes very nicely that should answer spunktw@t question iv probably forgotten more than you know fella! but i'm now investing in new gear to make my life easier as im getting on and my shoulders elbows and wrists are fvcked.

I'd stick with a smaller trowel for finishing and a big one for laying on. Finishing with a big trowel will take it's toll on your wrist/shoulder as it takes a lot more pressure.

Been doing that for the last ten years only got one trowel its actually starting to taper at the end due to wear but its still perfect and finishes very nicely that should answer spunktw@t question iv probably forgotten more than you know fella! but i'm now investing in new gear to make my life easier as im getting on and my shoulders elbows and wrists are fvcked.

lol you're still trying to figure out which way up they go

cant see the point in just buying a plazzie just for the dry trowel at the end of the set

How you getting on with your eze spat m8? set of ladders fell on my blade and iv yet to order a new 1 lol so its out of action for a bit, struggling with the tigerstripes when using it with multifinish on board aswell

How you getting on with your eze spat m8? set of ladders fell on my blade and iv yet to order a new 1 lol so its out of action for a bit, struggling with the tigerstripes when using it with multifinish on board aswell

I going to try one coating next week and see how the EZE works it has been tiger-striping on my two coat work don't know if its to do with the two coat thing but two coats going off at different times might have an effect just experimenting will let you know.

That's the problem with them anyone who finishes a wall with them must be rough as ****

First thing I do when I go on a big site is ask who's the arseh@le saves time trying to figure it out, I really should have done the same thing when I started on here but haho now I know!

Help my 2 coats are going off at different times, im going to try to one coat to make it better and i dont know what to use to finish it off
And im very good and you can all learn lots from me :)

Help my 2 coats are going off at different times, im going to try to one coat to make it better and i dont know what to use to finish it off
And im very good and you can all learn lots from me :)

You are showing your ignorance my friend im talking about two coats going off together the lower coat and top coat and how using a spat might be causing tiger-striping because of the interaction between the coats and by trying one coat next week I will be looking to see if the same thing happens when there is no two coat issues no idea if it will make any difference but at least im trying new things unlike some people who seem bent on doing nothing but throw abuse at people go figure?

you never thought its because you're using a blunt probably bent piece of metal to trowel up

Status
Not open for further replies.