What d'ya think?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles65

Guy I do a lot of work for is looking to tart up the outside of one of his properties (Landlord with about 30 properties) before he has it revalued. We hacked off about 6 metres of wet-dash - or more to the point, we scraped it off cos it had blown - but the old [smooth] render underneath is solid. He wants it doing rapidly - gear on, dried and painted - before valuer comes round.
I have explained to him the pitfalls of trying to do it at this time of year, but I think he is more interested in getting some money out the building and he has agreed that it is on his head if things go tits up. I am thinking of rend-aid and then a wet-dash top 2 days later. I've never used rend-aid before either.
Any suggestions lads?

just dampen it down bubbles not soak then mix the rendaid then trowel it on then you can either scratch it up or stipple it with a stiff brush you will getabout 7mtrs out of a bag but the recomendations are for it to cure for at least 3 days its your call would a sbr not work flicked on you will be able to get on that soon as

I was toying with the idea of two coats of wet-dash with sbr in it, just think it will look sh*te though.:-0

i finish rendaid with a long pile roller but with an upward stroke only to give more key

Guy I do a lot of work for is looking to tart up the outside of one of his properties (Landlord with about 30 properties) before he has it revalued. We hacked off about 6 metres of wet-dash - or more to the point, we scraped it off cos it had blown - but the old [smooth] render underneath is solid. He wants it doing rapidly - gear on, dried and painted - before valuer comes round.
I have explained to him the pitfalls of trying to do it at this time of year, but I think he is more interested in getting some money out the building and he has agreed that it is on his head if things go tits up. I am thinking of rend-aid and then a wet-dash top 2 days later. I've never used rend-aid before either.
Any suggestions lads?

if the smooth render is okay why not prime it then put a 1.5mm acyrlic render which is already coloured on

Status
Not open for further replies.