What did I do wrong with my bonding?

Members online

Hey people. So, after trying a few times to get a pro to come out and even give me a quote for an artex ceiling with no success, I decided to give it a go myself - like what's the worse that could happen! :D

Anyway, PVA'd the ceiling nicely, got some bonding mixed up and went to town on it. Two days later, while my shoulder and right arm are recovering slowly the ceiling looks like in the photos - and I know, it should've been keyed :/

why did it dry with different colour patches? they light grey ones are kinda chalky to touch.

I mixed with a drill and I think I've done it right - there was definitely no lumps or nothing in there, especially this size, and when putting it on it was all even. I've used two bags of Thistle Bonding to cover the whole thing.

what do i do next? :D

Attachments

• PXL_20220509_080300164.jpg
    PXL_20220509_080300164.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 230
  • PXL_20220509_080248722.jpg
    PXL_20220509_080248722.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 222
  • PXL_20220509_080215668.jpg
    PXL_20220509_080215668.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 214
i would considor overboarding with plasterboard.

there wasnt really any need for the bonding.

now the suction will be too much to skim to decent finish.

screw new layer of plasterboard over it and start afresh

Hey people. So, after trying a few times to get a pro to come out and even give me a quote for an artex ceiling with no success, I decided to give it a go myself - like what's the worse that could happen! :D

Anyway, PVA'd the ceiling nicely, got some bonding mixed up and went to town on it. Two days later, while my shoulder and right arm are recovering slowly the ceiling looks like in the photos - and I know, it should've been keyed :/

why did it dry with different colour patches? they light grey ones are kinda chalky to touch.

I mixed with a drill and I think I've done it right - there was definitely no lumps or nothing in there, especially this size, and when putting it on it was all even. I've used two bags of Thistle Bonding to cover the whole thing.

2 coats of pva and skim it.

best thing you can do pal is wait to get a spread in, you're gonna end up fkin it up with skim as well and it's going to cost you more money to rectify it

I don't think it matters what he uses he'll still fk it up

He's learnt the hard way that plastering is a time served skilled trade and not a 10 minute ego-wanking Youtube video
Correct it’s definitely not a trade “to give it a go” at.

What area are you? Always ask
On here someone may be able to
Help