What Backing plaster to use when wall is part Brick Concrete and Part Plasterboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rps

I have a bathroom that i need have the walls levelled before tiling.Top of one wall is brick and concrete and middle section of wall is brick and concrete.I was going to use hardwall but have a problem that either end of wall is stud wall with plasterboard.

How would you experienced guys tackle this problem.I need to bring the plasterboard and the Brick and concrete sections of the wall to one level before skimming.Would i get away with hardwall on plasterboard or will i have to use bonding on the plasterboard and then hardwall on the brick and concrete section of the wall.Or would i be best to use bonding with plenty of PVa on the concrete section of the wall

Other walls in bathroom i will be using hardwall but just wondered if you can get away with hardwall on low suction background such as plasterboard which would save me a lot of messing about.

Any advice would be appreciated how you guys go about tackling walls with different backgrounds.

Thanks

thanks for the advice , didnt think id get away with hardwall because of the plasterboard but didnt know if it was possible to get away with it on the rare occassion.will use bonding as you suggested and will give the mesh ago .thanks

if i am using mostly hardwall i wont knock up bonding just for a small amount,like wise with bonding, if i just have a small aera of brickwork just seal it up with pva then use bonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.