What are you doing today?

Members online

Drove to the merchants 3 times to pick up and load out 3ton of sand ready to scratch a gaball down Saturday

What are you up to today? Done nothing. Turned up this morning to a big damp patch in the ceiling. Got up in the attic to sort that and found the front purlin has split. Wondered why the hatch to the attic was boarded over. It's longstanding but will have to sort it in case surveyor sees it. Might go home now.

thats a decent split.... where has the other bit of it gone?

Got up and looked at 2 different properties. met with the bank to switch to a bank account that gives us travel insurance and what not... then off to Southampton to costco to stock up on some stuff... then off to West quay to do a bit more shopping,... rushed over to 3x Triumph dealer for 7pm to see the unveiling of the new bobber and scrambler... seen it before but always good to support my local dealers :D

Got back home about 9 and went for a quick pint and now sat in the office catching up on emails :D

Lazy day in the office tomorrow :D

Feet up Friday for me!

Had a job in but cancelled last minute with some bullshit excuse how their car has blown up magically the day before. So can't have it done for the foreseeable future.
Rather odd as they don't currently have a kitchen. Smelt the bullshit a mile off.

Well sent out a cancellation charge with about 15 pages from citizens advice about cancelling building work just being a prick.
Let's see who shits themselves when they get debt letters popping through their door.

All by text they didn't have the b*ll***s to ring. So sent a nice message back regarding a charge. Woman goes didn't know there was a charge we didn't discuss it.
So said would you expect not to be charged if you put a deposit on your new car then decided night before you picked it up you didn't want it.
I run a business not a take the piss shop. You'd not be happy if your boss at work decided there was no work for you tomorrow so to go home as you won't be getting paid.
Well that's exactly the same for me.
If you book the job in its booked in, your place in my diary is secure so nobody else gets it.
Don't think you would be happy if you did want the work doing and I rang the night before saying sorry I didn't think you were going to want it doing so booked somebody else in.

Tossers.

Feet up Friday for me!

Had a job in but cancelled last minute with some bullshit excuse how their car has blown up magically the day before. So can't have it done for the foreseeable future.
Rather odd as they don't currently have a kitchen. Smelt the bullshit a mile off.

Well sent out a cancellation charge with about 15 pages from citizens advice about cancelling building work just being a prick.
Let's see who shits themselves when they get debt letters popping through their door.

All by text they didn't have the b*ll***s to ring. So sent a nice message back regarding a charge. Woman goes didn't know there was a charge we didn't discuss it.
So said would you expect not to be charged if you put a deposit on your new car then decided night before you picked it up you didn't want it.
I run a business not a take the piss shop. You'd not be happy if your boss at work decided there was no work for you tomorrow so to go home as you won't be getting paid.
If you book the job in its booked in, your place in my diary is secure so nobody else gets it.
Don't think you would be happy if you did want the work doing and I rang the night before saying sorry I didn't think you were going to want it doing so booked somebody else in.

Tossers.

Absolutely spot on pal there wankers

Had all week off getting my girlfriend's house ready to go on the market. Was going to go to work today, but after getting up and feeding the dogs, I can't be arsed. Going back to bed. Night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ceiling this morning. Just begging for unifinish.

Attachments

• 1487919583696.jpg
    1487919583696.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 1487919659014.jpg
    1487919659014.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 230
I've got a tricky fireplace to do all angles and awkward angles. Lots of beads etc. Will post pics when I land there later on. The lads who boarded it funked up the measurements for the TV insert so I've that to sort out too ffs

How do you find unfinish?? I keep reading mix reports unless your name is @Vincey ;) I'm a bit dubious to try it if I'm honest??
I've used it both the first s**t batch on BG trial and the one that's on the market now.

The first trial lot was shite end of!

This lot that's out now is OK. I say ok because forget about all the b*ll***s BG tell you about it.
It's only suitable for certain applications and it's kind of different to multi and board in the way it needs treating.

If it's a gloss or silk paint it hangs about and you need to trowel it at different times otherwise it ends up like chewing gum.
For me it's far too sticky when mixed and I find it longer to apply.
If it's s background with any kind of suction either forget it or be prepared to put small sets on and be giving it 3 coats.

I used it once on a room that in the main was mainly silk emulation but had bits of repairs in hardwall that was done looks like a few years before. In all honesty it made it a lot more hard work.
The bits that had very low suction were great no arsing about with pva but the other bits just were a nightmare. I ended up having to go back over those bits with fresh gear to keep them alive. I had half going straight off and half doing what it should.

I ain't knocking it because if used in the right instance it will work.

I did a small wall that was a basically a repair job after boiler had been moved which needed hardwall.

I did it as a favour to a kitchen fitter friend of mine. So was a case of hardwall where the boiler had been when I'd finned somewhere else on an evening and the next afternoon going and Skimming it.
Now let me tell you I wished I hadn't used the uni. I only used it as it was spare and mainly as a pure test for myself.
I put 2 trowels on and the first was more or less solid.

Never used it since.

I've used it both the first s**t batch on BG trial and the one that's on the market now.

The first trial lot was shite end of!

This lot that's out now is OK. I say ok because forget about all the b*ll***s BG tell you about it.
It's only suitable for certain applications and it's kind of different to multi and board in the way it needs treating.

If it's a gloss or silk paint it hangs about and you need to trowel it at different times otherwise it ends up like chewing gum.
For me it's far too sticky when mixed and I find it longer to apply.
If it's s background with any kind of suction either forget it or be prepared to put small sets on and be giving it 3 coats.

I used it once on a room that in the main was mainly silk emulation but had bits of repairs in hardwall that was done looks like a few years before. In all honesty it made it a lot more hard work.
The bits that had very low suction were great no arsing about with pva but the other bits just were a nightmare. I ended up having to go back over those bits with fresh gear to keep them alive. I had half going straight off and half doing what it should.

I ain't knocking it because if used in the right instance it will work.

I did a small wall that was a basically a repair job after boiler had been moved which needed hardwall.

I did it as a favour to a kitchen fitter friend of mine. So was a case of hardwall where the boiler had been when I'd finned somewhere else on an evening and the next afternoon going and Skimming it.
Now let me tell you I wished I hadn't used the uni. I only used it as it was spare and mainly as a pure test for myself.
I put 2 trowels on and the first was more or less solid.

Never used it since.
Well if that hasn't defo put me off trying it nothing else will lol. Cheers for the heads up mate. I wonder why @Vincey loves it so much???

Well if that hasn't defo put me off trying it nothing else will lol. Cheers for the heads up mate. I wonder why @Vincey loves it so much???
I think if you use it in the rifmght situation ie pure silky or glossy walls the ones we all get time to time it will work fine. It's just for me how many times do we get them and generally there some part of a wall that's got a bit that's either been repaired or has a completely different suction level.

The problem is its difficult to get and the price prices itself out as it's often cheaper and easier to just bang a couple of coats of pva or pre grit on the said walls/room.

Would I use it again? Yeah but only in certain circumstances

Try it on a small area.
At least then you can say you've tried it and have a view of it yourself.

We're all different in the way we approach jobs and even trowel at different times. But we all get (the majority should I say) the same end result

Cheers pal. I always prefer a fellow spreads thoughts over manufacturers recommendations etc

Had all week off getting my girlfriend's house ready to go on the market. Was going to go to work today, but after getting up and feeding the dogs, I can't be arsed. Going back to bed. Night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of bags just for the ceiling :lol:

Whole of upstairs is covered in Artex. It was out of date and got it for a pound a bag. Got ten bags, went back next day for the rest but they'd gone. They don't shift. The new pallet is out of date in three weeks so has been there a while.

I find it fine Marshy. I only use it on artex tbh. They should rebrand and sell it cheaper. You should let it stand for ten minutes after mixing to let it firm up. Instead of bonding 60 the markets crying out for a 30 minute finish. Or I am.

Whole of upstairs is covered in Artex. It was out of date and got it for a pound a bag. Got ten bags, went back next day for the rest but they'd gone. They don't shift. The new pallet is out of date in three weeks so has been there a while.

I find it fine Marshy. I only use it on artex tbh. They should rebrand and sell it cheaper. You should let it stand for ten minutes after mixing to let it firm up. Instead of bonding 60 the markets crying out for a 30 minute finish. Or I am.

I'm sat outside waiting for a ceiling patch to go off before I go to next one ... I'd kill for 30min finish

Feet up Friday for me!

Tossers.
Did you make her aware of a cancellation charge in writing when you booked the job into your diary?..did you get her to sign paperwork?

Did you make her aware of a cancellation charge in writing when you booked the job into your diary?..did you get her to sign paperwork?
Nope!
You don't actually need a written contact. As long as everything is of a reasonable amount.
I'm only doing it just to be an arse.
But if you go to citizens advice or their website it's all laid out under cancelling building or decorating work.
We have rights as well.
The thing I've got is the woman booked everything by text.
It also states if their was a face to face site visit you lose the right to any cooling off period as you would get by just pricing over phone.

A mate of mine was in the same situation before he emigrated 12 months ago.
Which he did the same to be a c**t.
He even went small claims for the £25 it cost him to initiate it.
He actually won and the woman had to pay I think it was about £300 in the end all for a letter he sent asking for £50 cancellation fee.

I don't expect anything to come from it and if it hadn't left me in the lurch I wouldn't have even been pissed but it got my goat and though right I'm gonna be a c**t

I hear it's a bit windy there :estudioso:
IMG_5581.JPG

Meanwhile here on the costa am putting some lights up on a job then off to another penthouse to deliver some decking which I'm making a two part day bed bases out of i.e. Two storage benches that will join for a 2.4 x2.4 mattress .
IMG_5598.JPG
About 20c here today :burlas:

Mrs Marshy has to put up with a 30 second finish which is me :eek: :rayos:

I've been doing some coving today, whilst getting the news I won't be getting paid today for this weeks work maybe next week when the builders bank balance goes back to the positive, the labrador borrowed £20 to get lunch for himself little I knew that he's a pisshead, so @11 he was already on the cider, I gather I won't be seeing that money back off him, then the brickie asking me how to fit a wall starter kit to an existing wall, he only has a trowel, no other tools, so it took a while today for him to realise he can't make a start as he hasn't got an SDS drill and he never ever seen one before, the exact time of realisation was approximately between 8:15 and 15:00. So he done bugger all.
All I can say, subbing for a builder is a biggest nightmare what I can imagine.
Now that I offloaded the daily issues, Off to walk the dogs now :)

I've been doing some coving today, whilst getting the news I won't be getting paid today for this weeks work maybe next week when the builders bank balance goes back to the positive, the labrador borrowed £20 to get lunch for himself little I knew that he's a pisshead, so @11 he was already on the cider, I gather I won't be seeing that money back off him, then the brickie asking me how to fit a wall starter kit to an existing wall, he only has a trowel, no other tools, so it took a while today for him to realise he can't make a start as he hasn't got an SDS drill and he never ever seen one before, the exact time of realisation was approximately between 8:15 and 15:00. So he done bugger all.
Jesus that sounds a f**k**g nightmare

Hope you get your doe mate another pretend builder I fear

Yeah not a good day on the phone front insurance won't cover it apparently after paying it for a year Apple won't help and O2 won't help either as I'm 6 days out of warranty gonna cost 240 quid to upgrade what a joke

Fuk all that :hueco: