what annoys you the most?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

at the moment it's either scrim falling apart or sparkys leaving the tails 2 foot long :mad: how about you?

i could go on all night here but most of it would be my fault!! like forgettin stuff, of not doin the survey properly...but ill have to plump for....
pipes....you do you f'ckin best round em, between em whatever then some f'ckin plumber comes and rips em off striaght after youve skimmed...

o..that and wallpaper....specially invisible wallpaper.. ::)

turning up to a job n there bein little bits of wall paper on the wall or turning up and the room bein full of furnature

mixing up on ur own draggin it u loads of stairs then hittin the wall...the wall starts to go off at a rapid rate and u dnt have enuf skim to finish the wall. :'(

Customers who stand and watch everything you do, i started a job yesterday and finished today and through the whole job the guy stood and watched me..........eventually i asked if something was wrong but he just said no, i'm very happy...........

So why are you just standing there then AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH.........so so annoying

When the sparkys leave the tails hanging out the boxes the snips come out and i don't clean the boxes out if they can't help me i don't help them.The biggest thing that annoys me is boards that move about ie your half way through skimming a big ceiling and youve got to get the drill out and fire a load more screws into it

yeh fill em up with plaster ;) i swear the second fix is in the flat next door ;D heres another painters washing their brushes off in youre water butt..................guaranteed even if you tell the cu*ts theyll still do it on a friday

Sparkys who come in and smash the place up because they know a plasterer coming in after them and will tidy it up :mad:

And customers who quible over the the price and then stand there when your doing the job and tell you how plastering is an art and "you must have loads of patiences" to do this :mad: :mad:

scrim falling down on a celing when ur in the middle of skimming it..not just 1 stri..the hole lot.

Scrim fallin down...on yer head! never good, That or bucket handles snapping and plaster/cement goin everywer!

the handle coming clean off the bucket when youre carrying up stairs :eek:

the handle coming clean off the bucket when youre carrying up stairs  :eek:
get yerself some of these gorilla tubs nicksey..get with the times man!! ;D ;D
o god that happened to me once with the old style wire handles...never again...i was halfway up the stairs with a full bucket of fresh skim..

holes in ya bukets! :eek:
somat else that happened to me the other week, trowel lobbed in bucket night before, nice little slit in the bugger morning after...
ive always got at least 2...
(yes this is a drawback to the gorilla tubs nicksey.. :D) use the one with the hole in to carry the tool stash ;D

yeh fill em up with plaster  ;) i swear the second fix is in the flat next door  ;D heres another painters washing their brushes off in youre water butt..................guaranteed even if you tell the cu*ts theyll still do it on a friday
better still, completely hide the f'ckers with render... ;D

Sparkys who come in and smash the place up because they know a plasterer coming in after them and will tidy it up :mad:

And customers who quible over the the price and then stand there when your doing the job and tell you how plastering is an art and "you must have loads of patiences" to do this :mad: :mad:
cant remember who posted it up but someone said 'artist? you wanna see me down the pub!' ive nicked that one!!!

scrim falling down on a celing when ur in the middle of skimming it..not just 1 stri..the hole lot.
dunno if anyone else is using it but im payin 4 quid a roll for scrim from wickes....the reason is...it stays put...i got so sick of ridgeons/jewsons/travis scrim bein absolutely shite id rather pay a bit more for it...

everything (i'm in training to be victor meldrews replacement)  ;D
i get the distinct impression that the old pugsters a moaning f;cker but ill bet the job gets done bang on every time... :p

you got the first part right! ;)
nah mate..i can spot a decent tradesman a mile away...anyone that will question anything that doesnt add up has values, and values = standards...and anyone that can patch an artex ceiling has patience....patience+values=questions and questions=moan like f'ck about the people that dont have values!! :D

the handle coming clean off the bucket when youre carrying up stairs  :eek:
get yerself some of these gorilla tubs nicksey..get with the times man!!  ;D ;D
o god that happened to me once with the old style wire handles...never again...i was halfway up the stairs with a full bucket of fresh skim..
cant mate no matter how i try an 8" whisk ooer sends it spraying over the top , hence bring on the cordless refina whisk for bucket work :)

working with my m8 bigfoot, i drum it into him to keep everything neat and tidy then he trips over something and kicks the water bucket over

you got me worried now nicksey... i bought a new whisk for my evo the other day, not tried it yet... bout 6" ...i can turn the revs down tho?? might just go and knock a bucket up to see.. :-[

DSC00327.jpg

started this job, they wanted the ceiling and a few walls plastered. while i was skimming the ceiling, i noticed water on the floor. one of the pipes under the floor had burst. so i had that to deal with while skimming the ceiling. lets say that pipe bursting was the iceing on the cake ;D

when i replaced the pipes, the one pipe had a big crack in it.

odd?? what did the "burst" pipe have to do with you??...
in my experience, copper pipes in screed dont "burst" although cement does rot copper causing it to end up with pin prick holes if not sheathed when it was installed...
any increase in pressure on a combi/sealed system can cause em to 'leak'... but how come you had to do it??
there was a lot of dodgy italian copper around the late 70's early 80's tho.. but its usually the fittings that go...
but if the pipe to the left in the pic is an example of the rest of it..unsheathed...expect more problems...

you got me worried now nicksey... i bought a new whisk for my evo the other day, not tried it yet... bout 6" ...i can turn the revs down tho??   might just go and knock a bucket up to see.. :-[
probably me been impatient mate ;) ......by the way if anyone needs to buy a wisk solely for skimming try a gate paddle there faster than spiral paddles
http://www.refina.co.uk/pdf_08/p12-14.pdf

never seen one o them before!! i just got that mr3 version... the one i was usin came with the mixer but in the hands of an inexperienced lad it took him absolutely forever to knock up... i could use it ok but it still took some lifting and plunging and stirring, thats why i got the bigger revese spiral, and for hardwall where the old one werent a lot of cop... didnt sink the stuff...
lad i used to work with had one of the hoop versions, had it made for him and it fit almost perfect in a tall 'plasterers' bucket... worked real well...
i didnt realise there was such a wide variety commercially available till i started lookin into it..

does it make any difference to your setting time? (quicker mix means less agitation means longer set time)

Status
Not open for further replies.