What a bad Applicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

carraraboy

I have just got back from pricing a job and reassuring the customer where a previous applicator has talked the talk but not walked the walked. In other words he has totally screwed up a wetroom in a customers property. Without naming him and shaming his business, not only is it negligent but to me it's totally in competence. I will be starting the job Monday and would like to point out to other users on here, that if you use bad products and do not apply the correct process it comes back and bites you where it hurts.

Message for Render S. I wouldn't even contemplate in using a Venetian Acrylic in a bathroom regardless of what you say in your previous thread. As for correct methods I have said time and time again if you use a cheap paint its a cheap result with problems, use a quality product and you will get a bang on result. I am not after a crap reply from people but what I an saying is get it right at the start and its happy days and use Authentic Products.
:rolleyes):rolleyes)

Bullshit baffles brains im afraid. customers rely on peoples knowledge and professionalism sometimes to there peril

I went round to pick up some sample boards from an I****n restaurant last night and they said it was too expensive, even though id not given them a price. So i said no probs and was just about to leave and he say "so what do you do? stick the boards on the wall" i said no it is applied to the walls in a thin coat" "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" then the other one says " so how big are the boards" lol i said its not the boards its a tight coat" "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so what do you do with the boards" LOL **** off forget the boards hahahaha

Carreraboy..................Im completely new to venetian plastering so would just like to ask what you would recommend as good products and what you would recommend avoiding. I have absolutely no intention of turning out a shite job on someones property as i have a good name in my business of 15 years so any help would be appreciated. Im planning on having a bit of an experiment at home, doing the two week course at gold trowel, some more practise and then hopefully will be ready. Cheers

I have just got back from pricing a job and reassuring the customer where a previous applicator has talked the talk but not walked the walked. In other words he has totally screwed up a wetroom in a customers property. Without naming him and shaming his business, not only is it negligent but to me it's totally in competence. I will be starting the job Monday and would like to point out to other users on here, that if you use bad products and do not apply the correct process it comes back and bites you where it hurts.

Message for Render S. I wouldn't even contemplate in using a Venetian Acrylic in a bathroom regardless of what you say in your previous thread. As for correct methods I have said time and time again if you use a cheap paint its a cheap result with problems, use a quality product and you will get a bang on result. I am not after a crap reply from people but what I an saying is get it right at the start and its happy days and use Authentic Products.

So are you saying that render systems is the culprit , a little confusing, can you clarify please

If it is another member on here that you are slagging off ,to make yourself look good i think you have shot your self in the foot ,we can all spend our time saying how bad someone is .....but we don,t because we are professional and don,t need to get our work this way

Last edited:

has he fcuked up cos he carnt do it full stop.or cheap products would it be diffrent with better prodoucts by the applicator

Hi Paul it's Not aimed at Render systems, he knows who he his and I will leave it like that. As for making yourself look good on the forum, far from it, I do know good materials and good applications and good applicators whom of which I have several working for me on various jobs. If a job is worth doing then it has to be right.

This post makes it look like you meant RS

Hi Paul it's Not aimed at Render systems, he knows who he his and I will leave it like that. As for making yourself look good on the forum, far from it, I do know good materials and good applications and good applicators whom of which I have several working for me on various jobs. If a job is worth doing then it has to be right.

like has been said , it looked like it was remdersysts that was at fault that's why I wanted to clarify things, it's good that you have not named , and that you Have taken this approach , at least that person knows that he has done wrong and may in future think twice about taking short cuts or using in adequate materials, after all there are usually two sides to most stories

Call me old school ,i don,t slag people off to make myself look good ...i don,t need to i,m the best ...lol

In cararraboys defense I read it as the comment to RS was about another post that RS must have commented on. I generally dont comment on anyones work, I have seen enuff in London on the sites and have had enuff praises from some locals around my way to know where I stand. My philosophy is " you dont get paid to do something twice, so do it right the first time".

Status
Not open for further replies.